FUEN CONGRESS 201611.06.2019
The annual congress of the Federal Union of European Minorities (FUEN) in 2016 was held in Wrocław, the European Capital of Culture, from 18 to 22 May 2016.
More than 150 participants from 27 nations, representing more than 50 minorities, got together to discuss their concerns and wishes for the future.
The main topics of the Congress were the general situation in Europe, the conditions for minorities in Poland, the situation in Ukraine, the cooperation of organisations representing minorities and the refugee issue.
The Congress was organised in cooperation with the Association of German Social Cultural Societies in Poland (Verband der deutschen Sozial-Kulturellen Gesellschaften in Polen) VDG.
After the opening of the congress, the first day of the congress was be dedicated to the current situation in Poland and its minority policy, with a focus on the German minority.
The second day of the congress was a thematic day with the motto: “Quo vadis Europe? The multifaceted crisis of Europe”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates, which was held during the congress, elected the new Presidium as well as the members of the European Dialogue Forum and speakers for the FUEN working groups.
A minority market offered plenty of opportunity to get into contact with the many minorities, before the participants themselves experienced the Capital of Culture.
The keynote speaker of the congress was Astrid Thors, High Commissioner for National Minorities at the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE).
We thank all participants for thrilling contributions, interesting discussions and a successful congress.
This project was supported by the Federal Ministry of Interior and funded by the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Build Yourself! returns with three online trainings
- Conference series “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" focuses on Bulgaria, Estonia and Ukraine
- The Hungarian Parliament adopts a resolution in support of the Minority SafePack Initiative
- The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" continues in April with focus on Estonia, Ukraine and Bulgaria
- ''ORTA VE ORTADOĞU AVRUPA'DAKİ AZINLIKLARIN KORUNMASI VE HALK GRUPLARININ HAKLARI KONULU KONFERANSLAR DİZİSİ MACARİSTAN, HIRVATİSTAN VE SLOVAKYA'YA ODAKLANDI
- FUEN TAG 1. Tematik Semineri çevrim içi gerçekleşti
- ''Minority SafePack'' adlı Avrupa Halk Girişimi'nin Vatandaşlar Komitesi Avrupa Birliği Mahkemesi'nden Komisyon Tarafından Anılan Girişimle İlgili Olarak Alınan Kararı Hükümsüz Saymasını Talep Etti
- “Orta ve Ortadoğu Avrupa'daki Azınlıkların Korunması ve Halk Gruplarının Hakları” konulu çevrim içi konferans Mart ayında Macaristan, Hırvatistan ve Slovakya odaklı olmak üzere devam edecek
- EUROPEADA 2022 Yaz Mevsiminde Gerçekleştiriliyor
- '”Orta ve Ortadoğu Avrupa'daki Azınlıkların Korunması ve Halk Gruplarının Hakları” konulu konferansın Şubat ayı neşriyatı Avusturya, İtalya ce Çek Cumhuriyeti'ne yer verdi