A meeting with the Prime Minister - securing Czech support for Minority SafePack15.10.2019
On the 11th of October, a delegation of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) visited Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic.
Led by FUEN President MEP Loránt Vincze, the aim of the working visit was to secure the support of governmental decision-makers for the Minority SafePack Initiative. Supported by 1,128,385 EU citizens – including 635 citizens of the Czech Republic – Minority SafePack is a European Citizens' Initiative that contains 9 proposals intended to form a foundation for the establishment of a comprehensive EU Minority Protection Framework.
In order to secure official Czech support for the initiative, the delegation had the honour of meeting:
- Andrej Babiš - Prime Minister & Chairman of the Government Council on National Minorities.
- Milena Hrdinková - State Secretary for European Affairs,
- Václav Hampl - Chairman of the Committee on EU Affairs of the Senate of the Czech Republic,
- Tomáš Czernin - Chairman of the Commission on Compatriots Living Abroad of the Senate of the Czech Republic,
- Aleš Chmelař - Deputy Foreign Minister for European Affairs,
- Petra Smoliková - Deputy Minister of Culture for Legislation, EU Relations,
- Andrea Baršová - Director of the Department of Human Rights and Protection of Minorities.
The FUEN delegation had a series of positive meetings in which they secured the support of key policy-makers in the field of minority protection within the Czech Republic. In the words of FUEN President Loránt Vincze, “In the Czech Republic there is a high interest of the Government and the Parliament to support the national minorities in Europe, to preserve the cultural and linguistic diversity. It is essential for the Minority SafePack Initiative to have the endorsement of as many member states as possible."
The delegation consisted of the leaders of FUEN Member Organisations in the Czech Republic and FUEN Member Organisations representing Czech national minorities across the European Union, namely:
Member of Sabor Vladimir Bilek and Tanja Novotni Golubić (Coordination Council and Representatives of the Czech National Minority in Croatia)
President Adrian Merka (Democratic Union of Czechs and Slovaks in Romania)
Chairman Pavel Doležal (Czech Association in Slovakia).
Vice-Chairman Tomasz Pustówka (Congress of Poles in the Czech Republic)
Chairman Martin Dzingel (Association of Germans in the Czech Republic).
Additionally, the visit was planned and executed by FUEN Policy Advisor on Minority SafePack, Dénes András Nagy, who escorted the delegation.
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament
- The Non-Kin-State Working Group made preparations for their Annual Meeting via an online meeting
- 15 October 2020: Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative in the European Parliament
- Build Yourself!: after networking, let’s focus on brand building!
- Avrupa Parlamentosu'nun Minority SafePack adlı vatandaşlar girişimiyle ilgili açık ifade 15 Ekim 2020 tarihinde gerçekleşiyor
- Azınlıklar lehine olan bir diğer Avrupa Vatandaşlar Girişimi için gerekli son hamle
- ''Orta ve Orta Doğu Avrupa'daki Azınlıkların Korunması ve Halk Gruplarının Hakları'' konulu toplantı
- FUEN Başkanı 32. Estonya Ulusal Azınlıklar Forum'una hitap etti
- İki ''Bild Yourself – Kendi Kendini İnşa Et'' çevrimiçi eğitim için başvurular açıldı