The Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein advocates for the Minority SafePack to Ursula von der Leyen31.12.2020
In a letter sent on 29 December 2020 to the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, the Minister-President of the State Schleswig-Holstein Daniel Günther advocates for the proposals of the Minority SafePack Initiative. The Minister-President recalls that the MSPI was supported from the very beginning by Schleswig-Holstein, adding that the campaign coordinated by FUEN has collected 1.2 million signatures, had a positive hearing in the European Parliament on 15 October and was unanimously supported by the Bundestag on 27 November.
Mr. Günther considers that for the 60 million Europeans who belong to a national minority or speak a regional language it would be of utmost importance that their concerns were heard and their rights were enshrined in the legal framework of the European Union in order to have their identity, language and culture protected and promoted.
In his letter, the Minister-President advocates to the Commission president that „the positive signals from the October hearing on the MSPI proposals should also be taken into account in the Commission's decision-making process. I would be grateful if you would reinforce these positive assessments for the review in the directorates” – writes Mr. Günther.
The European Commisionwill communicate its position on the European Citizens' Initiative "Minority SafePack" on 15 January 2021 the latest.
- NGO and Youth Management were the hot topics of Build Yourself’s German-language trainings
- Our rights depend on it: FUEN webinar on the importance of censuses for minority communities
- EUROPEADA Talk: the minority football teams are already looking forward to 2022
- FUEN webinar on national minorities in European censuses
- Strong support for MSPI at committee meeting of the DG Parliament in Ostbelgien
- Register now for the German-language Build Yourself! training on NGO Management!
- FUEN BUNDESTALKS: CANDIDATES FOR THE BUNDESTAG DISCUSS MINORITY ISSUES AT THE INITIATIVE OF FUEN
- Build Yourself! returns this week with a German-language training on motivating the youth
- A follow-up on language revitalization was the topic of the online meeting of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- FUEN BundesTalks Part 1 - FUEN election debate with candidates for the Bundestag from Schleswig-Holstein