Statement of the FUEN-President on the upcoming referendum in Alsace28.03.2013
FUEN is an organisation in Europe, working for the interests of the autochthonous, national minorities and the regional and minority languages. Since we were founded in the Palais de Chaillot in Paris in 1949, we have been promoting diversity and strengthening of the regions.
With great interest and sympathy FUEN is following what is going on in Alsace – especially the desire for stronger regional self-government and the ambition to determine one’s own future, within the perspective of European subsidiarity.
For years, the delegates of FUEN have called upon France to not only adopt the international treaties, such as the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities and the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, but also to understand that the French diversity of languages and identities is an advantage, not a risk. We urge France to respect the wish for more self-government of the regions and to facilitate this.
On 7 April there will be a referendum in Alsace – allowing for the transfer of more competences to the region. We support all endeavours in that direction and wish the Alsatians and especially the people who are active in the “Unsere Land”-party all the best in the upcoming referendum.
--- Hans Heinrich Hansen, President of FUEN.
- EUROPEADA to take place in the summer of 2021
- The match schedule for EUROPEADA 2020 is ready!
- The new FUEN Berlin office has opened
- Job Opening: YEN is looking for a Project Assistant
- FUEN presented the MSPI legislative proposals to members of the German Bundestag
- FUEN received the award of the Macedonian Association "Ilinden"-Tirana
- Fruitful discussions at the presentation of the Minority SafePack Initiative to the European Commission
- Build Yourself!: Register now for the Organisational and communication management training!
- New Year at FUEN
- The legislative proposals of the Minority SafePack Initiative will be presented to the European Commission on the 5th of February