Loránt Vincze: we have to show the world not only our heritage, but also our problems22.08.2019
It is important for the minorities to not only show their cultural heritage, but also to openly discuss the problems they face – said FUEN President Loránt Vincze on Wednesday at the opening of the ProEtnica intercultural festival in Sighisoara – Segesvár – Schäßburg, Romania. During its existence, the festival, now at its 17th edition evolved from a popular dance festival into a forum where the minorities from Romania and Europe can get to know each other, while also presenting their culture.
At the event Loránt Vincze accentuated the need for dialogue between majority and minority, and criticised the absence of the Arman community from the event. The Armans are not recognized in Romania as a national minority. In the same time, the FUEN president congratulated the organisers of ProEtnica for building more and more international relations, this year inviting the representatives of the Sorbs in Germany.
The representative of Sorbs in the government of land Brandenburg, Meto Nowak and the FUEN President also had a working session with international students invited to the festival. Mária Korech, the director of Divers Association, one of the organising entities also took part in the session at the festival directed by Volker Reiter.
- EUROPEADA to take place in the summer of 2021
- The match schedule for EUROPEADA 2020 is ready!
- The new FUEN Berlin office has opened
- Job Opening: YEN is looking for a Project Assistant
- FUEN presented the MSPI legislative proposals to members of the German Bundestag
- FUEN received the award of the Macedonian Association "Ilinden"-Tirana
- Fruitful discussions at the presentation of the Minority SafePack Initiative to the European Commission
- Build Yourself!: Register now for the Organisational and communication management training!
- New Year at FUEN
- The legislative proposals of the Minority SafePack Initiative will be presented to the European Commission on the 5th of February