He was the heart and face of the Molise Croats: on the death of Antonio Sammartino22.11.2021
With pain and a heavy heart, we announce the sad news that our dear friend and member of FUEN and AGSM, Antonio Sammartino, left us much too early. Not long ago, he kindly received us in his community of Molise Croats in Italy, in his hometown of Montemitro / Mundimitar, where he opened the doors of his home to us. At the AGSM seminar, we were able to see him heartily happy and smiling, because hosting the international community of Slavic minorities at home meant the most to him. When we accepted him into the FUEN family at the FUEN Congress in Leeuwarden / Ljouwert in 2018, Antonio immediately became one of us: an always smiling and playful gentleman who, with his Italian-Croatian charm, knew how to enchant everyone, even if they did not know how to speak a common language. His kindness and good will got under our skin. We will never forget his ardent commitment to the good of minorities and ethnic communities, and especially his struggle and fight for the recognition of Molise Croats.
Dear Antonio, we will always carry you in our hearts and remember you in good thoughts. Be our angel in heaven! Tvoje čeljade!
FUEN and AGSM express their sincere condolences to his family, relatives, and friends!
- Who are the Carinthian Slovenes? New short film presents the minority in Austria
- FUEN condemns funding cuts for minority language education in Poland
- The European Dialogue Forum held its first meeting in 2022
- Teaching Turkish in pre-school in Greece was on the agenda of the EP’s PETI committee
- Happy 2022 with the FUEN Photo Calendar!
- «Рабочая группа тюркских меньшинств и сообществ» FUEN TAG собралась на 7-ом Ежегодном семинаре
- Borderless Media Consumption: Geoblocking reform – FUEN sits at the table with film and TV industry
- Minority marathon: FUEN’s President in the German-Danish border region
- FUEN congratulates ECMI on its 25th anniversary
- FUEN represents the interests of minorities in the Stakeholders’ dialogue on access to and availability of audiovisual content across the EU