FUEN presented its work to Bundestag Member Helge Lindh22.06.2020
A FUEN delegation met SPD MP Helge Lindh and his assistant Yana Gospodinova in German Parliament on Monday, 15 June 2020. This important step in the political work of the FUEN was a great opportunity to present the umbrella organization’s work and efforts in the European minority work. MP Lindh was especially interested in questions of financing the FUEN through the German state.
Secretary General Éva Pénzes and AGDM Coordinator Renata Trischler presented the work of the FUEN and its working groups and answered numerous questions about the situation of minorities all around Europe, especially in the times of the Corona pandemic. One of the important topics of the meeting was a presentation of the MSPI Initiative.
Helge Lindh is, among others, member of the parliamentary Committee for Culture and Media and member of the parliamentary Committee for Internal Affairs. In both of his functions in the German Parliament he is interested in minority rights.
- Do You Speak Corona? Podcasts replaced cultural events for the Carpathian Germans in Slovakia
- Do You Speak Corona? The Association for Human Rights Protection of Roma – Stip was in the first line of helpers in the Republic of Macedonia
- Do You Speak Corona? An almanach about the work of the Aromanian community in Serbia was published during lockdown
- Do You Speak Corona? The rights of Western Thrace Turks in Greece were arbitrarily restricted during the pandemic period
- Minorities without a Kin-State discussed COVID-19 related problems at their Working Group’s first online meeting
- Organizational and Communication Management were the focus of the first Build Yourself! online training
- FUEN welcomes the restitution of the Narodni Dom to the Slovene community in Italy
- Do You Speak Corona? Updated survey report for 43 minority groups in 25 European countries
- The Build Yourself! online training on Organisational and Communication Management starts this Friday!
- Germany takes a historic step by taking over responsibility for the Sorbs