FUEN delegation presented the MSPI to the Breton community in France14.01.2020
On January 10-11 2020 a FUEN delegation visited the Breton community in France. Together with a big assembly of defenders of the Breton language and culture, Vice Presidents Gosta Toft and Bahne Bahnsen, accompanied by Bérengère Vogel, project coordinator, took part in a meeting at Ti Ar Vro (Breton Cultural Centre) in Vannes, where Mr. Bahnsen presented the FUEN and Mr. Toft talked about the Minority SafePack Initiative, for which the 1 128 385 statements of support were submitted to the European Commission on Friday. Attila Dabis, the representative of the Szekler National Council presented their own European Citizens’ Initiative for the equality of regions and the sustainability of regional cultures.
The Deputy Paul Molac, fully committed to the defense of the Breton culture, also joined the event and signed the European Citizens’ Initiative for the equality of regions and the sustainability of regional cultures.
The delegation took part in two roundtables about the Breton langugage and education in Breton, and about the administrative reunification of the Bretagne region and Département Loire-Atlantique. The capital of Loire-Atlantique is Nantes, the historic capital of Bretagne.
The FUEN delegation also visited the KDSK (Centre de ressources culturelles celtiques) in Saint-Herblain (suburbs of Nantes) and Radio Naoned (the first media outlet to broadcast entirely in Breton language) and met mayor David Robo in the Town Hall of Vannes.
- The new FUEN Berlin office has opened
- Job Opening: YEN is looking for a Project Assistant
- FUEN presented the MSPI legislative proposals to members of the German Bundestag
- FUEN received the award of the Macedonian Association "Ilinden"-Tirana
- Fruitful discussions at the presentation of the Minority SafePack Initiative to the European Commission
- Build Yourself!: Register now for the Organisational and communication management training!
- New Year at FUEN
- The legislative proposals of the Minority SafePack Initiative will be presented to the European Commission on the 5th of February
- Promoting the Minority SafePack in the Republic of Estonia
- The programs of the 100 year anniversary of Danish-German border-region are underway