FUEN BundesTalks Part 1 - FUEN election debate with candidates for the Bundestag from Schleswig-Holstein03.06.2021
When: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 17:00-18:00
Where: FUEN YouTube channel - Livestream
The autochthonous minorities hardly play a role in the public discourse on social diversity. The same applies to the election campaign and the reporting in the run-up to the 2021 Bundestag elections in Germany. For this reason, the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) organises the FUEN BundesTalks on various minority policy issues. We will discuss with Bundestag candidates from various parties about the design and goals of federal policy in the field of national minorities. The FUEN BundesTalks are intended to support members of national minorities in their election decisions.
The debate on 9 June 2021 from 17:00-18:00 will focus on Bundestag candidates from Schleswig-Holstein and the minority policy goals of their parties for the next legislative period - especially against the background that autochthonous minorities are largely a blind spot in the federal policy election programmes of the established parties!
Moreover, the SSW's first participation in a federal election since 1961 could mean that a minority party will soon be represented in the Bundestag. What does the SSW expect from its initiative? What do the other parties say about the SSW's candidacy?
Of course, the Minority SafePack initiative will also be the subject of debate! Following the rejection of the initiative by the European Commission, the MSPI Citizens' Committee and FUEN have filed a complaint against the Commission's communication. Not least because of the unanimous Bundestag decision to support the MSPI on 27 November 2020, Germany's role in dealing with the demands of the MSPI will be of great importance for European minorities in the coming years.
We want to discuss all this with the candidates for the Bundestag on 9 June!
The debate will be streamed live from the Schleswig-Holstein Representation in Berlin on the FUEN YouTube channel. Representatives of the media will be invited to report on the debate.
The event will be moderated by FUEN VicePresident Angelika Mlinar and GöstaNissen, Head of the Minority Secretariat of the four autochthonous national minorities in Germany.
Participating in the debate will be:
- Ms Petra Nicolaisen, MdB (CDU)
- Mr. Sönke Rix, Member of the Bundestag (SPD)
- Ms Katrine Hoop (Die Linke)
- Mr. Stefan Seidler (leading candidate SSW) (connected online)
- Ms Marlene Langholz-Kaiser ( Bündnis 90/ die Grünen)
The livestreaming will be available in German only.
- New German coalition agreement a success for minorities – but not across the board
- How tourism can help a minority – and how it harms it
- He was the heart and face of the Molise Croats: on the death of Antonio Sammartino
- Europe as a guest in Dagebüll: Annual Conference of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- Conference on the future of Europe as an opportunity for minorities
- International organisations and the European Parliament's Minority Intergroup to collaborate on the Conference on the Future of Europe
- FUEN took part in the European Commission's stakeholder dialogue on access to audio-visual content
- It was a celebration for us: 30 years of AGDM
- Conferences, cultural sites and a significant anniversary – the 30th Annual Conference of the AGDM in Northern Schleswig
- Minority report presented in Schleswig-Holstein: "We are not resting on our laurels"