The first online meeting of AGSM took place01.07.2020
The Working Group of Slavic Minorities inside FUEN held its very first online meeting. As the AGSM has not been able to meet since the seminar of the Slavic minorities in Bleiburg / Pliberk, Austria in November 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an online meeting was organized. Almost half of all members accepted the invitation, so 13 member organisations were present through their representatives.
Angelika Mlinar, spokeswoman of the AGSM and Vice President of the FUEN opened the meeting with a welcome and the presentation of the current situation. On the agenda was the exchange of views on the current situation in times of coronavirus and the effects on the Slavic minorities, as well as the current and future activities of the AGSM.
The new AGSM brochure and homepage were presented in more detail, as well as the plans for the upcoming Seminar of the Slavic Minorities and the FUEN Congress 2020 (should the COVID-19 situation allow these events). FUEN Secretary General Éva Pénzes explained the possibilities and challenges in more detail.
Some minorities have reported an extremely difficult situation as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has already been shown by the FUEN survey Do you Speak Corona? The FUEN and the AGSM would like to comment on this in the future.
We are all looking forward to the next (hopefully personal) reunion!
- FUEN BUNDESTALKS: CANDIDATES FOR THE BUNDESTAG DISCUSS MINORITY ISSUES AT THE INITIATIVE OF FUEN
- Build Yourself! returns this week with a German-language training on motivating the youth
- A follow-up on language revitalization was the topic of the online meeting of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- FUEN BundesTalks Part 1 - FUEN election debate with candidates for the Bundestag from Schleswig-Holstein
- TAG: On the 77th anniversary of the deportation, the wound of the Crimean Tatars continues to bleed
- Another successful training session completed by Build Yourself!
- The European Dialogue Forum members discussed future plans at their online meeting
- The partners of the Western Balkans project discussed their future plans
- Build Yourself! returns with three online trainings
- Conference series “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" focuses on Bulgaria, Estonia and Ukraine