One year until EUROPEADA 2021 – we celebrate with the official anthem!20.06.2020
TOGETHER UNIQUE – SKUPAJ ENKRATNI – ZUSAMMEN EINZIGARTIG
Dear friends of EUROPEADA!
June 20 2020 was, according to our original plans, the first day of EUROPEADA 2020 in beautiful Carinthia / Koroška. This was supposed to be the day all 24 men and 7 women teams would arrive and meet each other at the European football championship of national minorities. This was supposed to be the start of 24-7 fun, friendship and sport for a whole week.
Event though due to the coronavirus pandemic we had to postpone FUEN’s flagship event of the year, today is a day of celebration. Why? Because in one year, EUROPEADA 2021 will kick off in beautiful Carinthia / Koroška! We guess you are just as eagerly waiting for that day as we do! The EUROPEADA, a colourful, hopeful and joyful celebration of Europe's linguistic and cultural diversity will take place from 19 June 2021 to 27 June 2021 in Carinthia / Koroška.
To mark this special date, we have prepared a surprise for you all: the official video of the EUROPEADA 2021 anthem! Our good friends from the band Matakustix (https://www.matakustix.at/) premiered this song at the official draw back in November 2019, and now the video is ready – with lyrics included!
Enjoy the video, and remember: we are TOGETHER UNIQUE – SKUPAJ ENKRATNI – ZUSAMMEN EINZIGARTIG!
EUROPEADA is a major European event that connects the fair competition and the enthusiasm for a sporting event with the interests of the autochthonous national minorities. The focus is on the encounter, the exchange of minorities and the public promotion. FUEN is the organiser of the EUROPEADA.
After the three successful European football championships of the autochthonous national minorities, hosted by the Romansh people in Grisons/Switzerland in 2008, the Lusatian Sorbs in Germany in 2012 and the German-speaking South Tyroleans and the Ladins in South Tyrol in Italy in 2016, the 4th EUROPEADA will take place in Carinthia/ Koroška hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes in 2021.
More information on the Europeada at the official website: www.europeada.eu
- Do You Speak Corona? Podcasts replaced cultural events for the Carpathian Germans in Slovakia
- Do You Speak Corona? The Association for Human Rights Protection of Roma – Stip was in the first line of helpers in the Republic of Macedonia
- Do You Speak Corona? An almanach about the work of the Aromanian community in Serbia was published during lockdown
- Do You Speak Corona? The rights of Western Thrace Turks in Greece were arbitrarily restricted during the pandemic period
- Minorities without a Kin-State discussed COVID-19 related problems at their Working Group’s first online meeting
- Organizational and Communication Management were the focus of the first Build Yourself! online training
- FUEN welcomes the restitution of the Narodni Dom to the Slovene community in Italy
- Do You Speak Corona? Updated survey report for 43 minority groups in 25 European countries
- The Build Yourself! online training on Organisational and Communication Management starts this Friday!
- Germany takes a historic step by taking over responsibility for the Sorbs