MSPI: FUEN Vice President Alfreider met Italian Undersecretary of State Riccardo Fraccaro19.08.2020
Possible ways of support for the European Citizens' Initiative Minority SafePack was the subject of a meeting between FUEN Vice President Daniel Alfreider and Undersecretary of State of the Prime Minister of Italy Guiseppe Conte, Riccardo Fraccaro on Thursday, 6 August 2020 in Rome, Italy. As former Minister for Parliamentary Relations and Direct Democracy in the Conte Cabinet, Mr Fraccaro's support for the Minority SafePack is of particular importance. The meeting also discussed joint initiatives to be taken forward together in the Italian Parliament in Rome. All in all, both parties found the exchange very positive and agreed to follow up the meeting in form of subsequent meetings and discussions.
FUEN Vice President Daniel Alfreider commented on the meeting: "It is important that the Minority Safepack Citizens' Initiative project is supported by both minorities and governments, because it is of great importance for the coexistence of different languages and cultures in Europe. Especially in this phase it is the task of the FUEN to advocate for the rights of language minorities with the national governments and to push them to implement it. The values of the minorities contribute to the diversity of Europe!”
- Minority SafePack: az Európai Bizottság cserbenhagyta az őshonos kisebbségeket
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region
- The Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein advocates for the Minority SafePack to Ursula von der Leyen
- The 29th Annual Meeting of AGDM took place online
- The AGDM exhibition 'IN TWO WORLDS' can be visited digitally!
- FUEN TAG held its 6th Annual Meeting online
- Wrapping up a busy year for the Education Working Group
- Minority SafePack: az Európai Parlament jogalkotásra szólítja fel az Európai Bizottságot
- Plenary debate in the EP: the Minority SafePack put the issue of minorities on the European agenda