MSPI: FUEN Vice President Alfreider met Italian Undersecretary of State Riccardo Fraccaro19.08.2020
Possible ways of support for the European Citizens' Initiative Minority SafePack was the subject of a meeting between FUEN Vice President Daniel Alfreider and Undersecretary of State of the Prime Minister of Italy Guiseppe Conte, Riccardo Fraccaro on Thursday, 6 August 2020 in Rome, Italy. As former Minister for Parliamentary Relations and Direct Democracy in the Conte Cabinet, Mr Fraccaro's support for the Minority SafePack is of particular importance. The meeting also discussed joint initiatives to be taken forward together in the Italian Parliament in Rome. All in all, both parties found the exchange very positive and agreed to follow up the meeting in form of subsequent meetings and discussions.
FUEN Vice President Daniel Alfreider commented on the meeting: "It is important that the Minority Safepack Citizens' Initiative project is supported by both minorities and governments, because it is of great importance for the coexistence of different languages and cultures in Europe. Especially in this phase it is the task of the FUEN to advocate for the rights of language minorities with the national governments and to push them to implement it. The values of the minorities contribute to the diversity of Europe!”
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament
- The Non-Kin-State Working Group made preparations for their Annual Meeting via an online meeting
- 15 October 2020: Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative in the European Parliament
- Build Yourself!: after networking, let’s focus on brand building!
- The European Parliament’s Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative to take place on 15 October 2020
- One final push needed for another European Citizens’ Initiative to benefit minorities
- Conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe"
- FUEN President addressed the 32nd Estonian Forum of National Minorities
- Registration is open for two Build Yourself! online trainings