Loránt Vincze: we have to show the world not only our heritage, but also our problems22.08.2019
It is important for the minorities to not only show their cultural heritage, but also to openly discuss the problems they face – said FUEN President Loránt Vincze on Wednesday at the opening of the ProEtnica intercultural festival in Sighisoara – Segesvár – Schäßburg, Romania. During its existence, the festival, now at its 17th edition evolved from a popular dance festival into a forum where the minorities from Romania and Europe can get to know each other, while also presenting their culture.
At the event Loránt Vincze accentuated the need for dialogue between majority and minority, and criticised the absence of the Arman community from the event. The Armans are not recognized in Romania as a national minority. In the same time, the FUEN president congratulated the organisers of ProEtnica for building more and more international relations, this year inviting the representatives of the Sorbs in Germany.
The representative of Sorbs in the government of land Brandenburg, Meto Nowak and the FUEN President also had a working session with international students invited to the festival. Mária Korech, the director of Divers Association, one of the organising entities also took part in the session at the festival directed by Volker Reiter.
- Do You Speak Corona? Entrepreneurs organize fundraising campaigns to help the poor members of the Pomak community in Bulgaria
- The first online meeting of AGSM took place
- Beszélsz koronául? A magyarországi németek közösségi élete átköltözött a digitális világba
- COVID-19 and its effects on Roma were discussed at Eurac’s webinar
- Beszélsz koronául? Az online nem a legjobb megoldás az elöregedő észtországi német közösségnek
- FUEN presented its work to Bundestag Member Helge Lindh
- One year until EUROPEADA 2021 – we celebrate with the official anthem!
- Beszélsz koronául? A nyugat-trákiai török szervezetek maszkokat gyártottak a rászorulóknak
- Build Yourself! restarts with not one but three webinars!
- Beszélsz koronául? Az oroszországi karacsáj-balkárok visszatértek a földműveléshez a nehéz gazdasági helyzetben