FUEN welcomed Moldavian minority youth representatives in Flensburg11.12.2019
On Tuesday December 10th 2019 FUEN welcomed a delegation of young minority leaders from Moldova in Flensburg. The study visit is part of the project “Empowering Future Minority Leaders” which takes place in Moldova and Germany and is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. Twelve members from various minority groups in Moldova – amongst them representatives of the Russian, Belorussian, Gagausian, Polish, Bulgarian and Ukrainian minority – spend five days in the German-Danish border region to learn about the local minority institutions and best-practices. The visit is organized by the European Centre For Minority Issues.
During their visit at the FUEN office in Flensburg, Matic Germovšek Ž., coordinator of the Slavic Working Group, informed the guests about the history and structure of FUEN as well as recent initiatives such as the Minority SafePack Initiative or the Dialogue For a Stable Future in Ukraine. Fortunately, Giuanna Beeli, president of the YEN, could arrange a spontaneous trip to Flensburg and presented the youth work activities first hand, which was met with particular interest by the young Moldavian visitors. Events like the EUROPEADA or the workshops that are organized by the FUEN and YEN especially within FUEN's Build Yourself! capacity-building programme, so far had no participants from Moldova, which might change in the future. The presentations were concluded by further discussions and casual talks over tea, coffee and Christmas biscuits.
- FUEN President addressed the 32nd Estonian Forum of National Minorities
- Registration is open for two Build Yourself! online trainings
- Slovenians in Italy: Without guaranteeing Slovenian representation, reducing the number of seats in the Italian parliament is not acceptable
- FUEN Assembly of Delegates goes online
- FUEN held political meetings in Berlin with Bundestag members from CDU/CSU and FDP
- FUEN President Loránt Vincze addresses the European Forum Alpbach
- Do You Speak Corona? There were too many positive examples in the Lusatian Sorb community to highlight just one
- The extended and rebuilt German Museum Nordschleswig is now open
- MSPI: FUEN Vice President Alfreider met Italian Undersecretary of State Riccardo Fraccaro
- Do You Speak Corona? The Ecumenical Federation of Constantinopolitans found new means to its Social Solidarity program during the pandemic