FUEN welcomed Moldavian minority youth representatives in Flensburg11.12.2019
On Tuesday December 10th 2019 FUEN welcomed a delegation of young minority leaders from Moldova in Flensburg. The study visit is part of the project “Empowering Future Minority Leaders” which takes place in Moldova and Germany and is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. Twelve members from various minority groups in Moldova – amongst them representatives of the Russian, Belorussian, Gagausian, Polish, Bulgarian and Ukrainian minority – spend five days in the German-Danish border region to learn about the local minority institutions and best-practices. The visit is organized by the European Centre For Minority Issues.
During their visit at the FUEN office in Flensburg, Matic Germovšek Ž., coordinator of the Slavic Working Group, informed the guests about the history and structure of FUEN as well as recent initiatives such as the Minority SafePack Initiative or the Dialogue For a Stable Future in Ukraine. Fortunately, Giuanna Beeli, president of the YEN, could arrange a spontaneous trip to Flensburg and presented the youth work activities first hand, which was met with particular interest by the young Moldavian visitors. Events like the EUROPEADA or the workshops that are organized by the FUEN and YEN especially within FUEN's Build Yourself! capacity-building programme, so far had no participants from Moldova, which might change in the future. The presentations were concluded by further discussions and casual talks over tea, coffee and Christmas biscuits.
- The February edition of the conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" was dedicated to Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic
- Initiative of the German youth in Poland for multilingual place-name signs
- FUEN is looking for a Communications Officer
- Take a look at the FUEN Calendar 2021!
- Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic in the focus of the online conference “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”
- FUEN condemns smearing of bilingual town signs in Carinthia/Koroška
- REACTION OF THE MSPI CITIZENS' COMMITTEE TO COMMISSION COMMUNICATION C(2021)171
- Minority SafePack: az Európai Bizottság cserbenhagyta az őshonos kisebbségeket
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region