FUEN CONGRESS 201611.06.2019
The annual congress of the Federal Union of European Minorities (FUEN) in 2016 was held in Wrocław, the European Capital of Culture, from 18 to 22 May 2016.
More than 150 participants from 27 nations, representing more than 50 minorities, got together to discuss their concerns and wishes for the future.
The main topics of the Congress were the general situation in Europe, the conditions for minorities in Poland, the situation in Ukraine, the cooperation of organisations representing minorities and the refugee issue.
The Congress was organised in cooperation with the Association of German Social Cultural Societies in Poland (Verband der deutschen Sozial-Kulturellen Gesellschaften in Polen) VDG.
After the opening of the congress, the first day of the congress was be dedicated to the current situation in Poland and its minority policy, with a focus on the German minority.
The second day of the congress was a thematic day with the motto: “Quo vadis Europe? The multifaceted crisis of Europe”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates, which was held during the congress, elected the new Presidium as well as the members of the European Dialogue Forum and speakers for the FUEN working groups.
A minority market offered plenty of opportunity to get into contact with the many minorities, before the participants themselves experienced the Capital of Culture.
The keynote speaker of the congress was Astrid Thors, High Commissioner for National Minorities at the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE).
We thank all participants for thrilling contributions, interesting discussions and a successful congress.
This project was supported by the Federal Ministry of Interior and funded by the Federal Republic of Germany.
- AGSM Online Seminar 2020
- The German Bundestag appeals in a Resolution to the European Commission to implement the Minority SafePack Initiative
- Resolution by CDU/CSU and SPD in support of the Minority SafePack Initiative to be adopted in the German Bundestag
- Build Yourself! – and your organisation’s brand
- EUstrat conference: the MSPI opened a new chapter in European integration
- Conclusion of the two-day online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Groups Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”
- Kick-off of the two-day online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe“
- FUEN held its Assembly of Delegates 2020 with remote participation
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament