Don't miss: Forum of the European Minority Regions in Helsinki!04.10.2021
FUEN has a very special event in store for October: the fifth edition of the Forum of the European Minority Regions on 14 and 15 October 2021 in Helsinki/Helsingfors, Finland. This year, the focus will be on the minorities in the Nordic countries and their economic dimension: "Nordic diversity – a formula for economic growth?” After all, border regions with their multilingual populations attract investment and many small and medium-sized enterprises. They are bridge builders between countries and create economic macro-regions.
Various panel discussions with high-ranking representatives from politics, business and academia will shed light on the economic added value of linguistic diversity, how the education system helps to maintain it and whether the model of autonomous regions in the Nordic countries could serve as a model for other minority regions. Finally, the Forum will try to answer the question what the EU and the Nordic Council can do to support minorities even better.
We would be happy to have you join us in Helsinki on 14 and 15 October 2021 to learn from and discuss with the best experts in the field!
For more information on the Forum and to register, please visit the Forum website.
- FUEN represents the interests of minorities in the Stakeholders’ dialogue on access to and availability of audiovisual content across the EU
- New German coalition agreement a success for minorities – but not across the board
- How tourism can help a minority – and how it harms it
- He was the heart and face of the Molise Croats: on the death of Antonio Sammartino
- Europe as a guest in Dagebüll: Annual Conference of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- Conference on the future of Europe as an opportunity for minorities
- International organisations and the European Parliament's Minority Intergroup to collaborate on the Conference on the Future of Europe
- FUEN took part in the European Commission's stakeholder dialogue on access to audio-visual content
- It was a celebration for us: 30 years of AGDM
- Conferences, cultural sites and a significant anniversary – the 30th Annual Conference of the AGDM in Northern Schleswig