Conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe"28.09.2020
The conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe", organised by the Federal Union of European Nationalities and the Cultural Foundation of German Expellees for Science and Research (Kulturstiftung der deutschen Vertriebenen) aims to provide an overall picture of minority protection and ethnic group rights in selected states – from the perspective of science and politics, theory and practice.
The cooperation between the largest umbrella organisation of autochthonous, national minorities and nationalities in Europe, the FUEN, and the Cultural Foundation of the German Expellees meets the demand to organise a symposium at the same time, where numerous German and European representatives from science and politics as well as from the ranks of national minorities and ethnic groups can exchange ideas.
"Minority policy is preventive peace policy", to quote Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier – a statement that aptly expresses the commitment of politics and civil society to work for comprehensive minority protection. The expert conference is intended to contribute to gaining an overview of the extent to which the existing agreements of the Council of Europe on the one hand and possible new legal protection elements within the framework of the EU on the other hand can contribute to improving the level of minority protection in the European context.
The event will be streamed in thematic blocks from 26 to 27 October 2020.
- The February edition of the conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" was dedicated to Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic
- Initiative of the German youth in Poland for multilingual place-name signs
- FUEN is looking for a Communications Officer
- Take a look at the FUEN Calendar 2021!
- Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic in the focus of the online conference “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”
- FUEN condemns smearing of bilingual town signs in Carinthia/Koroška
- REACTION OF THE MSPI CITIZENS' COMMITTEE TO COMMISSION COMMUNICATION C(2021)171
- Minority SafePack: az Európai Bizottság cserbenhagyta az őshonos kisebbségeket
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region