24 men and 8 women teams competing at EUROPEADA 202014.08.2019
32 teams representing autochthonous national minorities from all over Europe will compete at next year’s EUROPEADA, FUEN’s European football championship of the autochthonous, national minorities. The EUROPEADA 2020 will take place on 20-28 June 2020 and it will be hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes.
Seven minorities (South Tyroleans and Ladins from Italy, Rhaetians in Switzerland, Sorbs from Germany, the German minority in Russia, Occitans in France and the Slovene minority in Carinthia, Austria) will compete in both the men’s and women’s competition. The Cornish from the UK will be represented by their women’s team. 17 minorities will have a team only in the men’s tournament: the Croatian minority in Austria, Pomaks in Bulgaria, the Danish minority and the North Frisians in Germany, the German minority in Denmark, the Roma, German and Slovak minorities in Hungary, the Serbian minority in Croatia, the German minority in Poland, Hungarians and Aromanians in Romania, Croats in Serbia, the Cimbrean people and the Slovenes in Italy, the Hungarians in Slovakia and the Crimean Tatars.
Men’s and women’s teams of minorities are non-professional players. The competition was open for FUEN Member Organizations and other minority groups, too.
The last edition of EUROPEADA was organized in 2016 in South Tyrol, Italy with 24 men and 6 women teams participating in the tournament. The local teams have won both the men’s and the women’s tournament.
More information on the Europeada at the official website: www.europeada.eu
EUROPEADA is a major European event that connects the fair competition and the enthusiasm for a sporting event with the interests of the autochthonous national minorities. The focus is on the encounter, the exchange of minorities and the public promotion. FUEN is the organiser of the EUROPEADA.
After the three successful European football championships of the autochthonous national minorities, hosted by the Romansh people in Grisons/Switzerland in 2008, the Lusatian Sorbs in Germany in 2012 and the German-speaking South Tyroleans and the Ladins in South Tyrol in Italy in 2016, the 4th EUROPEADA will take place in Carinthia/ Koroška hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes in 2020.
The tournament is open for teams of members of minorities from non-professional football leagues. The FUEN is responsible for the sports tournament management, the European marketing and the political support of the EUROPEADA. The tournament will be accompanied by a cultural program and media marketing. The EUROPEADA will be an excellent opportunity for the host to present the minority and the region to the European and the Austrian public.
- FUEN is a founding partner in the Competence Network Schleswig-Holstein/South Denmark
- Do You Speak Corona? Entrepreneurs organize fundraising campaigns to help the poor members of the Pomak community in Bulgaria
- The first online meeting of AGSM took place
- Beszélsz koronául? A magyarországi németek közösségi élete átköltözött a digitális világba
- COVID-19 and its effects on Roma were discussed at Eurac’s webinar
- Beszélsz koronául? Az online nem a legjobb megoldás az elöregedő észtországi német közösségnek
- FUEN presented its work to Bundestag Member Helge Lindh
- One year until EUROPEADA 2021 – we celebrate with the official anthem!
- Beszélsz koronául? A nyugat-trákiai török szervezetek maszkokat gyártottak a rászorulóknak
- Build Yourself! restarts with not one but three webinars!