15 October 2020: Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative in the European Parliament12.10.2020
The Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative (MSPI) in the European Parliament will take place on 15 October 2020 from 9.00 to 13.00 CET with remote participation.
The Citizens’ Committee and experts of the Minority SafePack Initiative will present their proposals in the presence of Members of the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Council of Europe, the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights, the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee. The Hearing is co-organised by the Committees on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE) and on Culture and Education (CULT), together with the Committee on Petitions (PETI). The hearing will also involve statements by REGI, ITRE, JURI and ECON Committee members in the ECI areas falling under their competence.
On behalf of the Minority SafePack the speakers and topics will be:
Prof. Hans Heinrich Hansen, Representative of the MSPI Citizens’ Committee, Honorary President of FUEN, German from Denmark
Luis Durnwalder, Member of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, former Prime Minister of South Tyrol, German minority from Italy
Cohesion policy, Horizon 2020, State aid: Karl-Heinz Lambertz, Member of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, former President of the European Committee of Regions, former Minister President for the German Speaking Community inBelgium
Stateless persons, Audiovisual and Copyright: Dr Angelika Mlinar, Vice President of FUEN, Former Minister of the Republic of Slovenia on Development and European Cohesion Policy, former MEP, Slovene from Austria
Language Diversity Center: Dr Valentin Inzko, Member of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, the UN High Representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chairman of the National Council of Carinthian Slovenes, Slovene from Austria
EU Recommendation ‘on the protection and promotion of cultural and linguistic diversity in the Union’, funding programmes: Daniel Alfreider, Vice President of FUEN, Regional minister of the Autonomous Region of Bozen South Tyrol
Closing remarks: Hunor Kelemen, Deputy Representative of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, former Deputy Prime Minister of Romania, President of the Democratic Alliance of Hungarians in Romania
The Minority SafePack Initiative (MSPI) is a European Citizens’ Initiative advocating for the promotion and protection of persons belonging to autochthonous national minorities and language groups in the EU. Its successful international signature collection campaign was coordinated by the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN). The MSPI collected 1,123,422 validated signatures and passed the national threshold in 11 Member States.
The Public Hearing will be streamed live on the European Parliament’s website. More information and link to the live coverage
The broadcast will be available in the following languages: English, Spanish, German, Greek, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian, Latvian, Czech and Dutch
- AGSM Online Seminar 2020
- The German Bundestag appeals in a Resolution to the European Commission to implement the Minority SafePack Initiative
- Resolution by CDU/CSU and SPD in support of the Minority SafePack Initiative to be adopted in the German Bundestag
- Build Yourself! – and your organisation’s brand
- EUstrat conference: the MSPI opened a new chapter in European integration
- Conclusion of the two-day online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Groups Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”
- Kick-off of the two-day online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe“
- FUEN held its Assembly of Delegates 2020 with remote participation
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament