Who plays who at EUROPEADA 2020? We will find it out on Saturday13.11.2019
The 31 football teams representing national minorities from all over Europe at next year’s EUROPEADA will finally know their adversaries in the group stages on Saturday, 16 November 2019. FUEN’s European football championship of the autochthonous, national minorities, the EUROPEADA 2020 will take place on 20-28 June 2020 and it will be hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes.
The official group draw for the 24 men’s and 7 women’s teams will take place in Sankt Kanzian am Klopeiner See (Slovene: Škocjan v Podjuni) in the presence of representatives of EUROPEADA teams, FUEN member organisations, FUEN’s Presidium and staff, the hosts of the event, political personalities, the press and sponsors.
24 men and 7 women teams compete for the trophy. Seven minorities (South Tyroleans and Ladins from Italy, Rhaetians in Switzerland, Sorbs from Germany, the German minority in Russia, Occitans in France and the Slovene minority in Carinthia, Austria) will compete in both the men’s and women’s competition. 17 minorities will have a team only in the men’s tournament: the Croatian minority in Austria, Pomaks in Bulgaria, the Danish minority and the North Frisians in Germany, the German minority in Denmark, the Roma, German and Slovak minorities in Hungary, the Serbian minority in Croatia, the German minority in Poland, Hungarians and Aromanians in Romania, Croats in Serbia, the Cimbrean people and the Slovenes in Italy, the Hungarians in Slovakia and the Crimean Tatars.
The last edition of EUROPEADA was organized in 2016 in South Tyrol, Italy with 24 men and 6 women teams participating in the tournament. The local teams have won both the men’s and the women’s tournament.
More information on the Europeada at the official website: www.europeada.eu
EUROPEADA is a major European event that connects the fair competition and the enthusiasm for a sporting event with the interests of the autochthonous national minorities. The focus is on the encounter, the exchange of minorities and the public promotion. FUEN is the organiser of the EUROPEADA.
After the three successful European football championships of the autochthonous national minorities, hosted by the Romansh people in Grisons/Switzerland in 2008, the Lusatian Sorbs in Germany in 2012 and the German-speaking South Tyroleans and the Ladins in South Tyrol in Italy in 2016, the 4th EUROPEADA will take place in Carinthia/ Koroška hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes in 2020.
The tournament is open for teams of members of minorities from non-professional football leagues. The FUEN is responsible for the sports tournament management, the European marketing and the political support of the EUROPEADA. The tournament will be accompanied by a cultural program and media marketing. The EUROPEADA will be an excellent opportunity for the host to present the minority and the region to the European and the Austrian public.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Do You Speak Corona? The German-speaking community of Belgium is represented in the crisis team to combat the pandemic
- Do You Speak Corona? A Ladin advice from South Tyrol: when in doubt, emoticons always work
- FUEN met Sylvia Lehmann, member of the German Bundestag
- Do You Speak Corona? In Fryslân, the health situation is good, the language not so much
- Do You Speak Corona? The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma warns on increasing racism and a humanitarian crisis in the wake of COVID 19 in many countries
- The first online meeting of AGDM focused on the problems caused by the coronavirus pandemic
- Do You Speak Corona? A shortage in food supplies is a big concern for Macedonians in Albania
- Do You Speak Corona? Romansh is sparsely used in official communication in Switzerland
- Minority SafePack: new deadlines set for public hearing and Commission communication
- Pain still continues for 76 years: Deportation of the Crimean Tatars