The first online meeting of AGSM took place01.07.2020
The Working Group of Slavic Minorities inside FUEN held its very first online meeting. As the AGSM has not been able to meet since the seminar of the Slavic minorities in Bleiburg / Pliberk, Austria in November 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an online meeting was organized. Almost half of all members accepted the invitation, so 13 member organisations were present through their representatives.
Angelika Mlinar, spokeswoman of the AGSM and Vice President of the FUEN opened the meeting with a welcome and the presentation of the current situation. On the agenda was the exchange of views on the current situation in times of coronavirus and the effects on the Slavic minorities, as well as the current and future activities of the AGSM.
The new AGSM brochure and homepage were presented in more detail, as well as the plans for the upcoming Seminar of the Slavic Minorities and the FUEN Congress 2020 (should the COVID-19 situation allow these events). FUEN Secretary General Éva Pénzes explained the possibilities and challenges in more detail.
Some minorities have reported an extremely difficult situation as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has already been shown by the FUEN survey Do you Speak Corona? The FUEN and the AGSM would like to comment on this in the future.
We are all looking forward to the next (hopefully personal) reunion!
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Do You Speak Corona? Podcasts replaced cultural events for the Carpathian Germans in Slovakia
- Do You Speak Corona? The Association for Human Rights Protection of Roma – Stip was in the first line of helpers in the Republic of Macedonia
- Do You Speak Corona? An almanach about the work of the Aromanian community in Serbia was published during lockdown
- Do You Speak Corona? The rights of Western Thrace Turks in Greece were arbitrarily restricted during the pandemic period
- Minorities without a Kin-State discussed COVID-19 related problems at their Working Group’s first online meeting
- Organizational and Communication Management were the focus of the first Build Yourself! online training
- FUEN welcomes the restitution of the Narodni Dom to the Slovene community in Italy
- Do You Speak Corona? Updated survey report for 43 minority groups in 25 European countries
- The Build Yourself! online training on Organisational and Communication Management starts this Friday!
- Germany takes a historic step by taking over responsibility for the Sorbs