The Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein advocates for the Minority SafePack to Ursula von der Leyen31.12.2020
In a letter sent on 29 December 2020 to the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, the Minister-President of the State Schleswig-Holstein Daniel Günther advocates for the proposals of the Minority SafePack Initiative. The Minister-President recalls that the MSPI was supported from the very beginning by Schleswig-Holstein, adding that the campaign coordinated by FUEN has collected 1.2 million signatures, had a positive hearing in the European Parliament on 15 October and was unanimously supported by the Bundestag on 27 November.
Mr. Günther considers that for the 60 million Europeans who belong to a national minority or speak a regional language it would be of utmost importance that their concerns were heard and their rights were enshrined in the legal framework of the European Union in order to have their identity, language and culture protected and promoted.
In his letter, the Minister-President advocates to the Commission president that „the positive signals from the October hearing on the MSPI proposals should also be taken into account in the Commission's decision-making process. I would be grateful if you would reinforce these positive assessments for the review in the directorates” – writes Mr. Günther.
The European Commisionwill communicate its position on the European Citizens' Initiative "Minority SafePack" on 15 January 2021 the latest.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- The February edition of the conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" was dedicated to Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic
- Initiative of the German youth in Poland for multilingual place-name signs
- FUEN is looking for a Communications Officer
- Take a look at the FUEN Calendar 2021!
- Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic in the focus of the online conference “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”
- FUEN condemns smearing of bilingual town signs in Carinthia/Koroška
- REACTION OF THE MSPI CITIZENS' COMMITTEE TO COMMISSION COMMUNICATION C(2021)171
- Minority SafePack: The European Commission turned its back on national minorities
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region