The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN)04.06.2019
The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN)
- is the main advocate and the largest umbrella organisation of Europe’s autochthonous national minorities, nationalities and language groups. Under its umbrella it currently unites 107 member organisations from 35 European countries, with new members joining every year.
- is a mutual support community that represents the interests of the European minorities at regional, national, and particularly European level.
- maintains a large network of European regions, policy makers, scientific institutes, cultural and educational institutions, youth organisations, media and other associates
- works for the preservation and promotion of the identity, language, culture, rights and traditions of the European minorities
- is the voice of the minorities at the international organisations, the European Union, the Council of Europe, the United Nations and the OSCE.
Over the last couple of years, FUEN has increased and consolidated its team and its presence, running three offices – in Flensburg, Berlin and Brussels. The success of the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative, coordinated by the FUEN gave a new kind of visibility and a consolidated position to the organisation.
FUEN is headed by the Presidium, which is elected by the Assembly of Delegates and formed by the President, six Vice Presidents and the YEN President (ex officio). Since the 2016 FUEN Congress in Breslau/Wroclaw (Poland) the Presidium is led by Loránt Vincze, member of the Hungarian community in Romania.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- FUEN delegation presented the MSPI to the Breton community in France
- The programs of the 100 year anniversary of Danish-German border-region are underway
- FUEN President took part in the Day of German Self-governments in Hungary
- The signatures for the Minority SafePack Initiative have been registered online at the European Commission
- Register now for the next Build Yourself! training about fundraising and community management!
- Brain drain and the movement of workforce were the topics of the Forum of the Regions in Potsdam
- FUEN welcomed Moldavian minority youth representatives in Flensburg
- FUEN’s second Build Yourself! training was all about successful communication
- FUEN on a mission to empower national minorities in Ukraine and in countries of Eastern Partnership and Russia
- UN recommendations on minority education include the Minority SafePack