The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN)04.06.2019
The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN)
- is the main advocate and the largest umbrella organisation of Europe’s autochthonous national minorities, nationalities and language groups. Under its umbrella it currently unites more than 100 member organisations from 35 European countries, with new members joining every year.
- is a mutual support community that represents the interests of the European minorities at regional, national, and particularly European level.
- maintains a large network of European regions, policy makers, scientific institutes, cultural and educational institutions, youth organisations, media and other associates
- works for the preservation and promotion of the identity, language, culture, rights and traditions of the European minorities
- is the voice of the minorities at the international organisations, the European Union, the Council of Europe, the United Nations and the OSCE.
Over the last couple of years, FUEN has increased and consolidated its team and its presence, running three offices – in Flensburg, Berlin and Brussels. The success of the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative, coordinated by the FUEN gave a new kind of visibility and a consolidated position to the organisation.
FUEN is headed by the Presidium, which is elected by the Assembly of Delegates and formed by the President, six Vice Presidents and the YEN President (ex officio). Since the 2016 FUEN Congress in Breslau/Wroclaw (Poland) the Presidium is led by Loránt Vincze, member of the Hungarian community in Romania.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- AGSM Online Seminar 2020
- The German Bundestag appeals in a Resolution to the European Commission to implement the Minority SafePack Initiative
- Resolution by CDU/CSU and SPD in support of the Minority SafePack Initiative to be adopted in the German Bundestag
- Build Yourself! – and your organisation’s brand
- EUstrat conference: the MSPI opened a new chapter in European integration
- Conclusion of the two-day online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Groups Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”
- Kick-off of the two-day online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe“
- FUEN held its Assembly of Delegates 2020 with remote participation
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament