The FUEN anniversary congress is informally open!12.06.2019
With the opening of the traditional Minority Market, FUEN's 70 year anniversary congress in Slovakia is now informally open on the evening before the official opening. On Wednesday evening minorities from all over Europe present their culinary traditions at the Park Inn Radison hotel in Bratislava*Pozsony*Pressburg. This is also a great occasion for friendly talks, meeting new people and familiar faces.
“We are proud to say that with 103 member organizations from 35 countries we are Europe’s largest umbrella organization uniting autochthonous minorities. At the opening of our 70 year anniversary congress I am looking forward to the fruitful sessions and talks about our achievements but also about our future goals and aims” – said FUEN vice president Bernard Ziesch at the opening of the traditional Minority Market. He thanked the hosts of the congress, the Hungarian Community Party MKP and the Carpathian-German Association KDV.
KDV President Dr. Ondrej Pöss, welcomed the guests and noted that the Carpathian German Association wants to be an active and reliable partner of FUEN. This is the interest of all the Carpathian Germans – he reasoned.
In his welcome speech Dr. József Menyhárt, MKP President welcomed all of the participants in the name of the Hungarian minority and pointed out that there are as many Hungarians living in Slovakia as many people live in Bratislava altogether. That means that we are home here – said MKP`s president.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- The first online meeting of AGDM focused on the problems caused by the coronavirus pandemic
- Do You Speak Corona? A shortage in food supplies is a big concern for Macedonians in Albania
- Do You Speak Corona? Romansh is sparsely used in official communication in Switzerland
- Minority SafePack: new deadlines set for public hearing and Commission communication
- Pain still continues for 76 years: Deportation of the Crimean Tatars
- Do You Speak Corona? Many European countries do not offer information on the pandemic in minority languages
- Solidarity and Diversity in the wake of Corona: Statement from the Youth of European Nationalities
- EUROPEADA to take place in the summer of 2021
- The match schedule for EUROPEADA 2020 is ready!
- The new FUEN Berlin office has opened