Plenary debate and resolution in the European Parliament on the Minority SafePack Initiative14.12.2020
On Monday, 14 December 2020 the European Parliament will discuss the proposals of the “Minority SafePack” European Citizens’ Initiative at its plenary meeting. The plenary starts at 1700 CET and the MSPI will be the second subject on the agenda. At the debate, MEPs will evaluate the initiative and the proposed resolution.
A vote on amendments to the resolution will be held on Wednesday, followed by the final vote on Thursday morning. The results of the vote will be published on Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 1300 CET.
The Minority SafePack initiative proposes nine actions that the EU could take to protect people belonging to national and linguistic minorities in the EU, and to strengthen cultural and linguistic diversity.
The plenary debate can be followed in several languages at the European Parliament’s website: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/home.html
The European Parliament’s press release on the debate: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/agenda/briefing/2020-12-14/9/meps-set-to-support-european-citizens-initiative-promoting-diversity
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" continues in April with focus on Estonia, Ukraine and Bulgaria
- The conference series "Protection of Minorities and Ethnic Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" focused on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia
- FUEN TAG held its 1st online thematic seminar
- The Citizens’ Committee of the Minority SafePack ECI requests the General Court of the European Union to annul the Commission’s decision on the initiative
- The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" returns in March with focus on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia
- EUROPEADA will take place in the summer of 2022
- The February edition of the conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" was dedicated to Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic
- Initiative of the German youth in Poland for multilingual place-name signs
- FUEN is looking for a Communications Officer
- Take a look at the FUEN Calendar 2021!