Minority marathon: FUEN’s President in the German-Danish border region07.12.2021
On 2-3 December 2021 FUEN President, MEP Loránt Vincze and FUEN Vice President Gösta Toft met several representatives of the minorities living in the German-Danish border region in Flensburg. The meetings took place to discuss strengthening the collaboration between the organisations and to present future plans. The FUEN delegation met Harro Hallmann, Hinrich Jürgensen and Uwe Jessen from Bund Deutscher Nordschleswiger (BDN, German minority in Denmark), Jens A. Christiansen and Gitte Hougaard-Werner from Sydslesvigsk Forening (SSF, Danish minority in Germany).
They also had a meeting with Stefan Seidler, a recently elected member of the Bundestag from the South Schleswig Voters' Association (SSW), the party representing the interests of the Danish and Frisian minority populations in Germany. The discussion with the politician from Schleswig-Holstein focused on the collaboration to better represent the interests of minorities both in Germany in Europe.
FUEN President Loránt Vincze and Vice President Gösta Toft also met Minority Commissioner of Schleswig-Holstein Johannes Callsen on Friday evening in Flensburg. The meeting took place in order to prepare FUEN’s upcoming Conference on the Future of Europe. The conference, focusing on minority rights issues, will take place on 2 February 2022 in Flensburg.
photo: Cornelius von Tiedemann
The "minority marathon" ended with a dinner with the newly elected board of the Friisk Foriining, the cultural association of the Frisian ethnic group in Schleswig-Holstein.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- "I am proud to be a Sinto" - Film about minorities in the German-Danish borderland celebrates premiere in the Minority Competence Network
- 20 men and 4 women teams square off at EUROPEADA – find out who plays who in the groups!
- A strong woman from Mariupol and the war: FUEN Vice-President meets the Chairperson of the Federation of Greek Societies of Ukraine
- EUROPEADA and UEFA explore cooperation
- Loránt Vincze at the UN Regional Forum on Minority Issues: „Minorities are a neglected group in Europe"
- Dramatic call for help from Ukraine and a new donation partner
- FUEN congratulates the new German Commissioner for Minorities Natalie Pawlik
- FUEN President in Vienna: More empathy, more time and more work needed to improve the situation of Roma
- Minority Monitor publishes case study on German education in Poland
- New developments in the case of teaching German in Poland