Loránt Vincze: we have to show the world not only our heritage, but also our problems22.08.2019
It is important for the minorities to not only show their cultural heritage, but also to openly discuss the problems they face – said FUEN President Loránt Vincze on Wednesday at the opening of the ProEtnica intercultural festival in Sighisoara – Segesvár – Schäßburg, Romania. During its existence, the festival, now at its 17th edition evolved from a popular dance festival into a forum where the minorities from Romania and Europe can get to know each other, while also presenting their culture.
At the event Loránt Vincze accentuated the need for dialogue between majority and minority, and criticised the absence of the Arman community from the event. The Armans are not recognized in Romania as a national minority. In the same time, the FUEN president congratulated the organisers of ProEtnica for building more and more international relations, this year inviting the representatives of the Sorbs in Germany.
The representative of Sorbs in the government of land Brandenburg, Meto Nowak and the FUEN President also had a working session with international students invited to the festival. Mária Korech, the director of Divers Association, one of the organising entities also took part in the session at the festival directed by Volker Reiter.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- FUEN delegation presented the MSPI to the Breton community in France
- The programs of the 100 year anniversary of Danish-German border-region are underway
- FUEN President took part in the Day of German Self-governments in Hungary
- The signatures for the Minority SafePack Initiative have been registered online at the European Commission
- Register now for the next Build Yourself! training about fundraising and community management!
- Brain drain and the movement of workforce were the topics of the Forum of the Regions in Potsdam
- FUEN welcomed Moldavian minority youth representatives in Flensburg
- FUEN’s second Build Yourself! training was all about successful communication
- FUEN on a mission to empower national minorities in Ukraine and in countries of Eastern Partnership and Russia
- UN recommendations on minority education include the Minority SafePack