FUEN held political meetings in Berlin with Bundestag members from CDU/CSU and FDP09.09.2020
On Monday, 7 September, FUEN Vice-President Angelika Mlinar and AGDM Spokesperson Bernard Gaida, accompanied by FUEN Secretary General Éva Pénzes and FUEN Legal Advisor Roman Roblek, met with the Member of the Bundestag Dr. Reinhard Brandl (CDU/CSU), who has good memories of the FUEN from his time as rapporteur for national minorities in the Budget Committee. In a constructive and pleasant conversation the current challenging times for the association's work during the Corona crisis and the project planning for the coming years were discussed. The current status of the Minority SafePack Initiative (MSPI) was also considered.
One day later, on Tuesday 8 September, FUEN Vice-President Angelika Mlinar, FUEN Secretary General Éva Pénzes and FUEN Legal Advisor Roman Roblek met Member of Parliament Peter Heidt (FDP), who is among other things a member of the Human Rights Committee, to get to know each other. During this meeting the FUEN and their manifold projects were presented and also the status and contents of the MSPI were discussed. Mr. Heidt showed great interest in the work of the FUEN and supports the contents of the MSPI, especially with regard to the preservation of linguistic diversity in Europe and cross-border access to audiovisual media.
In the course of the appointments in the Bundestag FUEN Vice President Angelika Mlinar used her time to visit the FUEN office in Berlin and surprised the FUEN team with a Sacher cake from Vienna. She informed herself about the status of the Education and Non-Kinstate Working Groups and discussed the upcoming projects of FUEN with the staff of the FUEN office in Berlin.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- FUEN held its Assembly of Delegates 2020 with remote participation
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament
- The Non-Kin-State Working Group made preparations for their Annual Meeting via an online meeting
- 15 October 2020: Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative in the European Parliament
- Build Yourself!: after networking, let’s focus on brand building!
- The European Parliament’s Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative to take place on 15 October 2020
- One final push needed for another European Citizens’ Initiative to benefit minorities
- Conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe"
- FUEN President addressed the 32nd Estonian Forum of National Minorities