FUEN President took part in the Day of German Self-governments in Hungary13.01.2020
The Self-government of the German Minority of Hungary (Landesselbstverwaltung der Ungrandeutschen – LdU) has been member of the FUEN for 25 years, and it is a reliable partner and a strong voice of the German minority in Europe – said the President of FUEN, MEP Loránt Vincze on Saturday, 11 January 2020 at the Day of German Self-governments in Pécs, Hungary.
In his speech, he remembered the late Mr. Ottó Heinek, former chairman of the LdU. “His expertise, thoughtfulness, human knowledge, and great heart have played a huge role in FUEN's development over the past 25 years, in offering today our members programs that are truly useful and effective. He was a good friend and a good partner. Working together and solidarity took us forward” – said Mr Vincze.
He expressed his gratitude to the LdU, the Hungarian nationalities and all Hungarian political parties for their role in the Minority SafePack campaign, adding that the statements of support have been submitted online on Friday to the European Commission.
Despite the fact that Hungary offers a good legal framework for its nationalities, being part of a minority is never easy and requires sacrificies, said the FUEN President, wishing the LdU perseverence and good work for 2020.
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- EUROPEADA to take place in the summer of 2021
- The match schedule for EUROPEADA 2020 is ready!
- The new FUEN Berlin office has opened
- Job Opening: YEN is looking for a Project Assistant
- FUEN presented the MSPI legislative proposals to members of the German Bundestag
- FUEN received the award of the Macedonian Association "Ilinden"-Tirana
- Fruitful discussions at the presentation of the Minority SafePack Initiative to the European Commission
- Build Yourself!: Register now for the Organisational and communication management training!
- New Year at FUEN
- The legislative proposals of the Minority SafePack Initiative will be presented to the European Commission on the 5th of February