EUROPEADA 2022: New date fixed16.09.2021
The ball will finally roll again: The European Football Championship of the autochthonous national minorities will take place from 25 June to 3 July 2022 in Carinthia/Koroška, Austria. This was announced by the organising committee during this year's FUEN Congress last weekend in Trieste, Italy.
After the sporting event had to be postponed twice due to the Corona pandemic, the hosts of the Slovenian minority in Austria are now confident that the football festival can take place next summer. Twenty-four men's and seven women's teams are expected. "We want football and international exchange at the highest level," announced organiser Marco Loibnegger of the Slovenian Sports Association. "Through sporting engagement, we want to make minority issues accessible to a broad public and the local population."
EUROPEADA is a major European event that combines the fair competition and enthusiasm of a sports festival with the concerns of the autochthonous, national minorities. The meeting and exchange of the minorities and the public promotion are in the centre of attention. The Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) is the organiser of EUROPEADA.
Further information about the event can be found on the official EUROPEADA website.
The official trailer of the EUROPEADA:
COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE
- Loránt Vincze at CoE conference: the hopes tied to the Framework Convention and the Language Charter have not yet been met
- Autonomous regions in the North as a model
- What languages are worth – and how best to learn your neighbour's language
- Forum of European Minority Regions in Helsinki starts with an appeal: "Give language minorities a new status"
- FUEN President at the EU Regional Forum: the EU should cooperate with the CoE in developing a framework for minority protection
- The Forum of the European Minority Regions starts on Thursday in Helsinki – Watch it live!
- Small communities also have our support: Molise Croats hosted the 24th AGSM Seminar
- Don't miss: Forum of the European Minority Regions in Helsinki!
- Turkic minorities and communities gathered at the 3rd Thematic Seminar of FUEN TAG
- The 24th AGSM Seminar of Slavic Minorities in Europe starts today