The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" returns in March with focus on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia15.03.2021
The international online conference series "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" continues on the 25th of March 2021 with the theme of minority protection in the countries Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia. The event which aims to provide an overall picture of minority protection and ethnic group rights in selected states from the perspective of science and politics, theory and practice, will take place on ZOOM and be streamed online from 15:00-17:30 CET.
The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" is organised by the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) and the Cultural Foundation of German Expellees for Science and Research (Kulturstiftung der deutschen Vertriebenen für Wisssenschaft und Forschung). It meets the demand to organise a symposium where numerous German and European representatives from science and politics as well as from the ranks of national minorities and ethnic groups can exchange ideas. The expert conference is intended to contribute to gaining an overview of the extent to which the existing agreements of the Council of Europe on the one hand and possible new legal protection elements within the framework of the EU on the other hand can contribute to improving the level of minority protection in the European context.
The launching conference last October provided an overall picture of minority protection and ethnic group rights in Germany, Poland, Romania and Slovenia from the theoretical and practical perspectives of academia, politics and national minorities. This year, the countries Austria-Italy-Czech Republic; Slovakia-Hungary-Croatia and Estonia-Ukraine-Bulgaria will be dealt with in three separate online conference days.
The conference day on the 25th of March will start at 15:00 CET, the discussions and debates will be streamed live on FUEN’s YouTube channel. Those who would like to actively take part in the discussion and to formulate questions can register at the conference’s website, Minorityconf.org. If you would like to get updates on social media about the conference, please join our Facebook event!
- The conference series "Protection of Minorities and Ethnic Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" focused on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia
- FUEN TAG held its 1st online thematic seminar
- The Citizens’ Committee of the Minority SafePack ECI requests the General Court of the European Union to annul the Commission’s decision on the initiative
- EUROPEADA will take place in the summer of 2022
- The February edition of the conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" was dedicated to Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic
- Initiative of the German youth in Poland for multilingual place-name signs
- FUEN is looking for a Communications Officer
- Take a look at the FUEN Calendar 2021!
- Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic in the focus of the online conference “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”
- FUEN condemns smearing of bilingual town signs in Carinthia/Koroška