The match schedule for EUROPEADA 2020 is ready!02.03.2020
After the official draw of the EUROPEADA 2020 in November 2019 we already knew who plays who in the summer of 2020 at the European football championship of minorities in Koroška / Kärnten. Now it is time to find out the WHEN: the match schedule for the 24 teams in the men’s competition and the 7 teams in the women’s competition is now set, complete with locations.
The championship will be opened on 20 June with the home team of Koroška / Kärnten taking on Nordschleswig, while the other matches for the group stage will take place between 21-23 June. The men’s Quarterfinals and women’s Semifinals will be played on 25 June, the men’s Semifinals on 26. Both finals will take place on 27 June.
EUROPEADA is a major European event that connects the fair competition and the enthusiasm for a sporting event with the interests of the autochthonous national minorities. The focus is on the encounter, the exchange of minorities and the public promotion. FUEN is the organiser of the EUROPEADA.
After the three successful European football championships of the autochthonous national minorities, hosted by the Romansh people in Grisons/Switzerland in 2008, the Lusatian Sorbs in Germany in 2012 and the German-speaking South Tyroleans and the Ladins in South Tyrol in Italy in 2016, the 4th EUROPEADA will take place in Carinthia/ Koroška hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes in 2020.
24 men and 7 women teams compete for the trophy. Seven minorities (South Tyroleans and Ladins from Italy, Rhaetians in Switzerland, Sorbs from Germany, the German minority in Russia, Occitans in France and the Slovene minority in Carinthia, Austria) will compete in both the men’s and women’s competition. 17 minorities will have a team only in the men’s tournament: the Croatian minority in Austria, Pomaks in Bulgaria, the Danish minority and the North Frisians in Germany, the German minority in Denmark, the Roma, German and Slovak minorities in Hungary, the Serbian minority in Croatia, the German minority in Poland, Hungarians and Aromanians in Romania, Croats in Serbia, the Cambrian people and the Slovenes in Italy, the Hungarians in Slovakia and the Crimean Tatars.
More information on the Europeada at the official website: www.europeada.eu
The complete schedule (subject to change):
(download the high resolution .pdf here)
- EUROPEADA to take place in the summer of 2021
- The new FUEN Berlin office has opened
- Job Opening: YEN is looking for a Project Assistant
- FUEN presented the MSPI legislative proposals to members of the German Bundestag
- FUEN received the award of the Macedonian Association "Ilinden"-Tirana
- Fruitful discussions at the presentation of the Minority SafePack Initiative to the European Commission
- Build Yourself!: Register now for the Organisational and communication management training!
- New Year at FUEN
- The legislative proposals of the Minority SafePack Initiative will be presented to the European Commission on the 5th of February
- Promoting the Minority SafePack in the Republic of Estonia