The AGDM exhibition 'IN TWO WORLDS' can be visited digitally!28.12.2020
"In two worlds - 25 German stories. German minorities introduce themselves", the exhibition of the AGDM, the Working Group of German Minorities in FUEN can be visited now online at https://in2welten-agdm.fuen.org/.
The exhibition was developed by the AGDM about three years ago. The subsequent tour took it to 25 stops in 17 countries in Europe and Central Asia, from Berlin to Denmark and from the Baltic States to Russia, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, thus covering thousands and thousands of kilometers. Many thousands of visitors saw the exhibition in all corners of Europe and Central Asia and were able to experience and learn about the diversity of the German minorities in 25 countries at first hand.
The planned continuation of the exhibition tour was made difficult by the restrictions imposed in many countries from March 2020 in the wake of the Corona pandemic and postponed indefinitely. For this reason, the AGDM decided to switch to digital channels. A grant from the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Home Affairs, based on a resolution of the German Bundestag, made this possible.
The exhibition presents the similarities, but also the differences of the German minorities from 25 countries and deals with important identity-forming themes. The origin and traditions, the past, present and the lively associations of the minorities are impressively presented.
The production and design of the online exhibition "In Two Worlds" was undertaken by Studio It's About from Berlin.
- The conference series "Protection of Minorities and Ethnic Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" focused on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia
- FUEN TAG held its 1st online thematic seminar
- The Citizens’ Committee of the Minority SafePack ECI requests the General Court of the European Union to annul the Commission’s decision on the initiative
- The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" returns in March with focus on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia
- EUROPEADA will take place in the summer of 2022
- The February edition of the conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" was dedicated to Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic
- Initiative of the German youth in Poland for multilingual place-name signs
- FUEN is looking for a Communications Officer
- Take a look at the FUEN Calendar 2021!
- Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic in the focus of the online conference “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”