Plenary debate and resolution in the European Parliament on the Minority SafePack Initiative14.12.2020
On Monday, 14 December 2020 the European Parliament will discuss the proposals of the “Minority SafePack” European Citizens’ Initiative at its plenary meeting. The plenary starts at 1700 CET and the MSPI will be the second subject on the agenda. At the debate, MEPs will evaluate the initiative and the proposed resolution.
A vote on amendments to the resolution will be held on Wednesday, followed by the final vote on Thursday morning. The results of the vote will be published on Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 1300 CET.
The Minority SafePack initiative proposes nine actions that the EU could take to protect people belonging to national and linguistic minorities in the EU, and to strengthen cultural and linguistic diversity.
The plenary debate can be followed in several languages at the European Parliament’s website: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/home.html
The European Parliament’s press release on the debate: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/agenda/briefing/2020-12-14/9/meps-set-to-support-european-citizens-initiative-promoting-diversity
- The Frisian-Danish school in Germany was presented in Minority Talks
- Minority Talks presents the Frisian-Danish school in Germany
- Minority Talks with FUEN debuted with a documentary on a German school in Denmark
- FUEN and AGDM congratulate IVDK on its 30th anniversary
- Minority Talks with FUEN premieres on Wednesday
- Turkic minorities and communities got together at the 2. Thematic Seminar of FUEN TAG
- NGO and Youth Management were the hot topics of Build Yourself’s German-language trainings
- Our rights depend on it: FUEN webinar on the importance of censuses for minority communities
- EUROPEADA Talk: the minority football teams are already looking forward to 2022
- FUEN webinar on national minorities in European censuses