Plenary debate and resolution in the European Parliament on the Minority SafePack Initiative14.12.2020
On Monday, 14 December 2020 the European Parliament will discuss the proposals of the “Minority SafePack” European Citizens’ Initiative at its plenary meeting. The plenary starts at 1700 CET and the MSPI will be the second subject on the agenda. At the debate, MEPs will evaluate the initiative and the proposed resolution.
A vote on amendments to the resolution will be held on Wednesday, followed by the final vote on Thursday morning. The results of the vote will be published on Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 1300 CET.
The Minority SafePack initiative proposes nine actions that the EU could take to protect people belonging to national and linguistic minorities in the EU, and to strengthen cultural and linguistic diversity.
The plenary debate can be followed in several languages at the European Parliament’s website: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/home.html
The European Parliament’s press release on the debate: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/agenda/briefing/2020-12-14/9/meps-set-to-support-european-citizens-initiative-promoting-diversity
- FUEN condemns smearing of bilingual town signs in Carinthia/Koroška
- REACTION OF THE MSPI CITIZENS' COMMITTEE TO COMMISSION COMMUNICATION C(2021)171
- Minority SafePack: The European Commission turned its back on national minorities
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region
- The Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein advocates for the Minority SafePack to Ursula von der Leyen
- The 29th Annual Meeting of AGDM took place online
- The AGDM exhibition 'IN TWO WORLDS' can be visited digitally!
- FUEN TAG held its 6th Annual Meeting online
- Wrapping up a busy year for the Education Working Group