- represents the interests of the European minorities – on regional, national and in particular on the European level.
- works together with the European Union, the Council of Europe, the OSCE and the United Nations as well as with other stakeholders within the field of the European minorities
- holds consultative status at the United Nations
- holds participatory status at the Council of Europe
- is a full member of the European Civil Society Platform for Multilingualism established by the European Commission
- is a participant in the Fundamental Rights Platform
- organises each year the largest gathering of autochthonous minorities and language groups, the FUEN Congress with more than 200 participants
- has five working groups with annual meetings: for the German, Slavic and Turkic minorities, for nations without a kin-state, and also a newly established education working group
- is the coordinator of the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative, a European Citizens’ Initiative for the rights of autocthonous national minorities and languge groups in th EU, which has obtained 1,123,422 valid signatures and passed the national threshold in 11 Member States of the European Union
- runs several long-term projects such as the project “Dialogue for a Stable Future” - Minorities in the Caucasus and Minorities in the Western Balkans
- organises conferences like the Deeply Rooted in the Regions and the Minority Media Forum
- organises the European football championship of minorities, EUROPEADA.
- The regional government of the province of Fryslân issued a statement of support for the Minority SafePack Initiative
- EUROPEADA 2022: New date fixed
- The FUEN Assembly of Delegates demands in resolution EU Treaty change to include minority protection as an unambiguous competence
- Education and the Slovene minority in focus at the FUEN Congress
- FUEN Congress 2021: Europe’s future has to be the future of autochthonous minorities, too
- Fernand de Varennes receives the FUEN Prize 2021
- FUEN Congress 2021 ceremonially opened
- Follow the FUEN Congress 2021 on Zoom with simultaneous translation in five languages!
- Minority Talks with FUEN presented the Danish high school in Germany
- Sporting advertising for minorities: Team Grænzland rides 1000 kilometers on a bicycle to Berlin and Copenhagen