- represents the interests of the European minorities – on regional, national and in particular on the European level.
- works together with the European Union, the Council of Europe, the OSCE and the United Nations as well as with other stakeholders within the field of the European minorities
- holds consultative status at the United Nations
- holds participatory status at the Council of Europe
- is a full member of the European Civil Society Platform for Multilingualism established by the European Commission
- is a participant in the Fundamental Rights Platform
- organises each year the largest gathering of autochthonous minorities and language groups, the FUEN Congress with more than 200 participants
- has five working groups with annual meetings: for the German, Slavic and Turkic minorities, for nations without a kin-state, and also a newly established education working group
- is the coordinator of the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative, a European Citizens’ Initiative for the rights of autocthonous national minorities and languge groups in th EU, which has obtained 1,128,385 valid signatures and passed the national threshold in 11 Member States of the European Union
- runs several long-term projects such as the project “Dialogue for a Stable Future” - Minorities in the Caucasus and Minorities in the Western Balkans
- organises conferences like the Deeply Rooted in the Regions and the Minority Media Forum
- organises the European football championship of minorities, EUROPEADA.
- At the request of the EC the MSPI signatures will be submitted in early 2020
- EUROPEADA 2020: this is going to be 24-7 fun!
- Who plays who at EUROPEADA 2020? We will find it out on Saturday
- FUEN is looking for motivated interns
- Slavic member organisations of the FUEN meet for their 22nd Annual Seminar in Carinthia / Koroška
- Digitalization and media in the centre of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- Irish Members of Parliament express support for Minority SafePack
- Train your brain with us: the Build Yourself! programme is open for applications
- A meeting with the Prime Minister - securing Czech support for Minority SafePack
- One more win for European minorities before the Court of Justice of the EU