FUEN presented its work to Bundestag Member Helge Lindh22.06.2020
A FUEN delegation met SPD MP Helge Lindh and his assistant Yana Gospodinova in German Parliament on Monday, 15 June 2020. This important step in the political work of the FUEN was a great opportunity to present the umbrella organization’s work and efforts in the European minority work. MP Lindh was especially interested in questions of financing the FUEN through the German state.
Secretary General Éva Pénzes and AGDM Coordinator Renata Trischler presented the work of the FUEN and its working groups and answered numerous questions about the situation of minorities all around Europe, especially in the times of the Corona pandemic. One of the important topics of the meeting was a presentation of the MSPI Initiative.
Helge Lindh is, among others, member of the parliamentary Committee for Culture and Media and member of the parliamentary Committee for Internal Affairs. In both of his functions in the German Parliament he is interested in minority rights.
- Loránt Vincze at CoE conference: the hopes tied to the Framework Convention and the Language Charter have not yet been met
- Autonomous regions in the North as a model
- What languages are worth – and how best to learn your neighbour's language
- Forum of European Minority Regions in Helsinki starts with an appeal: "Give language minorities a new status"
- FUEN President at the EU Regional Forum: the EU should cooperate with the CoE in developing a framework for minority protection
- The Forum of the European Minority Regions starts on Thursday in Helsinki – Watch it live!
- Small communities also have our support: Molise Croats hosted the 24th AGSM Seminar
- Don't miss: Forum of the European Minority Regions in Helsinki!
- Turkic minorities and communities gathered at the 3rd Thematic Seminar of FUEN TAG
- The 24th AGSM Seminar of Slavic Minorities in Europe starts today