FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region05.01.2021
On December 28th and 29th, two earthquakes with a magnitude of 5.2 and 6.4 struck central Croatia, killing seven people and injuring more than 20. Hundreds of homes were destroyed: in the middle of winter and during the holidays, families have become homeless.
The Banija region has suffered greatly: 2,000 buildings have been destroyed.There are almost no undamaged houses in the village of Gornja Bačuga. The consequences are catastrophic in the villages of Mali Gradac, Staro Selo, Trnjani, Čakale and especially Majske Poljane, where five people were killed.
On the request of the Serbian National Council member organization, the FUEN is joining European efforts for relief funding to support the people in need from Banija region. We appeal for donations to provide the victims and their families’ humanitarian support, primarily to provide shelter, foodstuffs and provisions. Please donate via the below-listed bank account, every amount counts:
Receiver: Srpskonarodnovijeće, Gajeva 7, Zagreb
With the indication: For Humanitarian action „Banija is our home“
Since the first day of the catastrophe, individuals, associations and institutions of Czech minority in Croatia have also been helping the damaged areas, especially the Czech village Jazvenik and the places around Sisak and Petrinja, which suffered greatly.
The Coordination of Councils and Representatives of the Czech Minority, a member of the FUEN, invites everybody to join in the effort to help the people affected by the earthquake.
They appeal for donations to help the victims, especially families with children or senior citizens. Primarily to provide shelter, food and hygienic needs of the territory of Jazvenik, Petrinja and Sisak.
You can donate funds to help people affected by the earthquake to the following account
(opened at the major Czech organization in Croatia; Czech Union of Croatia):
BIC (SWIFT): PBZGHR2X
Bank: Privredna banka Zagreb
Beneficiary: Savez Čeha u Republici Hrvatskoj
Description: Donation - earthquakes in Croatia
- The conference series "Protection of Minorities and Ethnic Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" focused on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia
- FUEN TAG held its 1st online thematic seminar
- The Citizens’ Committee of the Minority SafePack ECI requests the General Court of the European Union to annul the Commission’s decision on the initiative
- The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" returns in March with focus on Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia
- EUROPEADA will take place in the summer of 2022
- The February edition of the conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" was dedicated to Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic
- Initiative of the German youth in Poland for multilingual place-name signs
- FUEN is looking for a Communications Officer
- Take a look at the FUEN Calendar 2021!
- Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic in the focus of the online conference “Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe”