FUEN President took part in the Day of German Self-governments in Hungary13.01.2020
The Self-government of the German Minority of Hungary (Landesselbstverwaltung der Ungrandeutschen – LdU) has been member of the FUEN for 25 years, and it is a reliable partner and a strong voice of the German minority in Europe – said the President of FUEN, MEP Loránt Vincze on Saturday, 11 January 2020 at the Day of German Self-governments in Pécs, Hungary.
In his speech, he remembered the late Mr. Ottó Heinek, former chairman of the LdU. “His expertise, thoughtfulness, human knowledge, and great heart have played a huge role in FUEN's development over the past 25 years, in offering today our members programs that are truly useful and effective. He was a good friend and a good partner. Working together and solidarity took us forward” – said Mr Vincze.
He expressed his gratitude to the LdU, the Hungarian nationalities and all Hungarian political parties for their role in the Minority SafePack campaign, adding that the statements of support have been submitted online on Friday to the European Commission.
Despite the fact that Hungary offers a good legal framework for its nationalities, being part of a minority is never easy and requires sacrificies, said the FUEN President, wishing the LdU perseverence and good work for 2020.
- Minority SafePack: The European Commission turned its back on national minorities
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region
- The Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein advocates for the Minority SafePack to Ursula von der Leyen
- The 29th Annual Meeting of AGDM took place online
- The AGDM exhibition 'IN TWO WORLDS' can be visited digitally!
- FUEN TAG held its 6th Annual Meeting online
- Wrapping up a busy year for the Education Working Group
- The EP asks from the Commission for legal acts on minority rights
- Plenary debate in the EP: the Minority SafePack put the issue of minorities on the European agenda