FUEN CONGRESS 201911.06.2019
The Anniversary Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities - 70 years of FUEN, took place from 12-16 June 2019 in Bratislava/Pozsony/Pressburg and Dunajská Streda/Dunaszerdahely, Slovakia.
The congress was co-hosted with the FUEN Member Organisations the Party of the Hungarian Community in Slovakia (Magyar Közösség Pártja) in cooperation with the Carpathian German Association in Slovakia (Karpatendeutscher Verein in der Slowakei).
The guests experienced a varied and festive programme. The Congress started on Wednesday, 12 June with the traditional minority market and cultural evening; the European minorities presented their cultural and linguistic diversity through music, dance, traditions and culinary delights, supported by information material about their minority.
On Thursday, 13 June the Congress was officially opened, and the anniversary celebrations took place. The accomplishments of 70 years of FUEN were evaluated and a direction was drafted for the minority umbrella organisation for the decades to come. The day ended with a festive evening event.
Friday, 14 June was spent in Dunajská Streda - Dunaszerdahely. The situation of minorities in Slovakia and Ukraine was the main focus of the day. FUEN also presented its new project "Minority Monitor”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates took place on Saturday, 15 June 2019, during which a new Presidium was elected. The congress ended with a boat tour with dinner.
All information on the FUEN Congress 2019 can be found at congress2019.fuen.org.
- Minority SafePack: The European Commission turned its back on national minorities
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region
- The Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein advocates for the Minority SafePack to Ursula von der Leyen
- The 29th Annual Meeting of AGDM took place online
- The AGDM exhibition 'IN TWO WORLDS' can be visited digitally!
- FUEN TAG held its 6th Annual Meeting online
- Wrapping up a busy year for the Education Working Group
- The EP asks from the Commission for legal acts on minority rights
- Plenary debate in the EP: the Minority SafePack put the issue of minorities on the European agenda