FUEN CONGRESS 201911.06.2019
The Anniversary Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities - 70 years of FUEN, took place from 12-16 June 2019 in Bratislava/Pozsony/Pressburg and Dunajská Streda/Dunaszerdahely, Slovakia.
The congress was co-hosted with the FUEN Member Organisations the Party of the Hungarian Community in Slovakia (Magyar Közösség Pártja) in cooperation with the Carpathian German Association in Slovakia (Karpatendeutscher Verein in der Slowakei).
The guests experienced a varied and festive programme. The Congress started on Wednesday, 12 June with the traditional minority market and cultural evening; the European minorities presented their cultural and linguistic diversity through music, dance, traditions and culinary delights, supported by information material about their minority.
On Thursday, 13 June the Congress was officially opened, and the anniversary celebrations took place. The accomplishments of 70 years of FUEN were evaluated and a direction was drafted for the minority umbrella organisation for the decades to come. The day ended with a festive evening event.
Friday, 14 June was spent in Dunajská Streda - Dunaszerdahely. The situation of minorities in Slovakia and Ukraine was the main focus of the day. FUEN also presented its new project "Minority Monitor”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates took place on Saturday, 15 June 2019, during which a new Presidium was elected. The congress ended with a boat tour with dinner.
All information on the FUEN Congress 2019 can be found at congress2019.fuen.org.
- Do You Speak Corona? The German-speaking community of Belgium is represented in the crisis team to combat the pandemic
- Do You Speak Corona? A Ladin advice from South Tyrol: when in doubt, emoticons always work
- FUEN met Sylvia Lehmann, member of the German Bundestag
- Do You Speak Corona? In Fryslân, the health situation is good, the language not so much
- Do You Speak Corona? The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma warns on increasing racism and a humanitarian crisis in the wake of COVID 19 in many countries
- The first online meeting of AGDM focused on the problems caused by the coronavirus pandemic
- Do You Speak Corona? A shortage in food supplies is a big concern for Macedonians in Albania
- Do You Speak Corona? Romansh is sparsely used in official communication in Switzerland
- Minority SafePack: new deadlines set for public hearing and Commission communication
- Pain still continues for 76 years: Deportation of the Crimean Tatars