FUEN CONGRESS 201911.06.2019
The Anniversary Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities - 70 years of FUEN, took place from 12-16 June 2019 in Bratislava/Pozsony/Pressburg and Dunajská Streda/Dunaszerdahely, Slovakia.
The congress was co-hosted with the FUEN Member Organisations the Party of the Hungarian Community in Slovakia (Magyar Közösség Pártja) in cooperation with the Carpathian German Association in Slovakia (Karpatendeutscher Verein in der Slowakei).
The guests experienced a varied and festive programme. The Congress started on Wednesday, 12 June with the traditional minority market and cultural evening; the European minorities presented their cultural and linguistic diversity through music, dance, traditions and culinary delights, supported by information material about their minority.
On Thursday, 13 June the Congress was officially opened, and the anniversary celebrations took place. The accomplishments of 70 years of FUEN were evaluated and a direction was drafted for the minority umbrella organisation for the decades to come. The day ended with a festive evening event.
Friday, 14 June was spent in Dunajská Streda - Dunaszerdahely. The situation of minorities in Slovakia and Ukraine was the main focus of the day. FUEN also presented its new project "Minority Monitor”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates took place on Saturday, 15 June 2019, during which a new Presidium was elected. The congress ended with a boat tour with dinner.
All information on the FUEN Congress 2019 can be found at congress2019.fuen.org.
- Who are the Carinthian Slovenes? New short film presents the minority in Austria
- FUEN condemns funding cuts for minority language education in Poland
- The European Dialogue Forum held its first meeting in 2022
- Teaching Turkish in pre-school in Greece was on the agenda of the EP’s PETI committee
- Happy 2022 with the FUEN Photo Calendar!
- Turkic minorities and communities came together in the 7th Annual Meeting of FUEN TAG
- Borderless Media Consumption: Geoblocking reform – FUEN sits at the table with film and TV industry
- Minority marathon: FUEN’s President in the German-Danish border region
- FUEN congratulates ECMI on its 25th anniversary
- FUEN represents the interests of minorities in the Stakeholders’ dialogue on access to and availability of audiovisual content across the EU