FUEN CONGRESS 201911.06.2019
The Anniversary Congress of the Federal Union of European Nationalities - 70 years of FUEN, took place from 12-16 June 2019 in Bratislava/Pozsony/Pressburg and Dunajská Streda/Dunaszerdahely, Slovakia.
The congress was co-hosted with the FUEN Member Organisations the Party of the Hungarian Community in Slovakia (Magyar Közösség Pártja) in cooperation with the Carpathian German Association in Slovakia (Karpatendeutscher Verein in der Slowakei).
The guests experienced a varied and festive programme. The Congress started on Wednesday, 12 June with the traditional minority market and cultural evening; the European minorities presented their cultural and linguistic diversity through music, dance, traditions and culinary delights, supported by information material about their minority.
On Thursday, 13 June the Congress was officially opened, and the anniversary celebrations took place. The accomplishments of 70 years of FUEN were evaluated and a direction was drafted for the minority umbrella organisation for the decades to come. The day ended with a festive evening event.
Friday, 14 June was spent in Dunajská Streda - Dunaszerdahely. The situation of minorities in Slovakia and Ukraine was the main focus of the day. FUEN also presented its new project "Minority Monitor”.
The FUEN Assembly of Delegates took place on Saturday, 15 June 2019, during which a new Presidium was elected. The congress ended with a boat tour with dinner.
All information on the FUEN Congress 2019 can be found at congress2019.fuen.org.
- At the request of the EC the MSPI signatures will be submitted in early 2020
- EUROPEADA 2020: this is going to be 24-7 fun!
- Who plays who at EUROPEADA 2020? We will find it out on Saturday
- FUEN is looking for motivated interns
- Slavic member organisations of the FUEN meet for their 22nd Annual Seminar in Carinthia / Koroška
- Digitalization and media in the centre of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- Irish Members of Parliament express support for Minority SafePack
- Train your brain with us: the Build Yourself! programme is open for applications
- A meeting with the Prime Minister - securing Czech support for Minority SafePack
- One more win for European minorities before the Court of Justice of the EU