Conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe"28.09.2020
The conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe", organised by the Federal Union of European Nationalities and the Cultural Foundation of German Expellees for Science and Research (Kulturstiftung der deutschen Vertriebenen) aims to provide an overall picture of minority protection and ethnic group rights in selected states – from the perspective of science and politics, theory and practice.
The cooperation between the largest umbrella organisation of autochthonous, national minorities and nationalities in Europe, the FUEN, and the Cultural Foundation of the German Expellees meets the demand to organise a symposium at the same time, where numerous German and European representatives from science and politics as well as from the ranks of national minorities and ethnic groups can exchange ideas.
"Minority policy is preventive peace policy", to quote Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier – a statement that aptly expresses the commitment of politics and civil society to work for comprehensive minority protection. The expert conference is intended to contribute to gaining an overview of the extent to which the existing agreements of the Council of Europe on the one hand and possible new legal protection elements within the framework of the EU on the other hand can contribute to improving the level of minority protection in the European context.
The event will be streamed in thematic blocks from 26 to 27 October 2020.
- Minority SafePack: The European Commission turned its back on national minorities
- Call for competition to Robert Schuman Prizes 2021
- FUEN appeals for donations in Croatia after deadly earthquakes hit the Banija region
- The Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein advocates for the Minority SafePack to Ursula von der Leyen
- The 29th Annual Meeting of AGDM took place online
- The AGDM exhibition 'IN TWO WORLDS' can be visited digitally!
- FUEN TAG held its 6th Annual Meeting online
- Wrapping up a busy year for the Education Working Group
- The EP asks from the Commission for legal acts on minority rights
- Plenary debate in the EP: the Minority SafePack put the issue of minorities on the European agenda