Conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe"28.09.2020
The conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe", organised by the Federal Union of European Nationalities and the Cultural Foundation of German Expellees for Science and Research (Kulturstiftung der deutschen Vertriebenen) aims to provide an overall picture of minority protection and ethnic group rights in selected states – from the perspective of science and politics, theory and practice.
The cooperation between the largest umbrella organisation of autochthonous, national minorities and nationalities in Europe, the FUEN, and the Cultural Foundation of the German Expellees meets the demand to organise a symposium at the same time, where numerous German and European representatives from science and politics as well as from the ranks of national minorities and ethnic groups can exchange ideas.
"Minority policy is preventive peace policy", to quote Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier – a statement that aptly expresses the commitment of politics and civil society to work for comprehensive minority protection. The expert conference is intended to contribute to gaining an overview of the extent to which the existing agreements of the Council of Europe on the one hand and possible new legal protection elements within the framework of the EU on the other hand can contribute to improving the level of minority protection in the European context.
The event will be streamed in thematic blocks from 26 to 27 October 2020.
- FUEN held its Assembly of Delegates 2020 with remote participation
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament
- The Non-Kin-State Working Group made preparations for their Annual Meeting via an online meeting
- 15 October 2020: Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative in the European Parliament
- Build Yourself!: after networking, let’s focus on brand building!
- The European Parliament’s Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative to take place on 15 October 2020
- One final push needed for another European Citizens’ Initiative to benefit minorities
- FUEN President addressed the 32nd Estonian Forum of National Minorities
- Registration is open for two Build Yourself! online trainings