24 men and 8 women teams competing at EUROPEADA 202014.08.2019
32 teams representing autochthonous national minorities from all over Europe will compete at next year’s EUROPEADA, FUEN’s European football championship of the autochthonous, national minorities. The EUROPEADA 2020 will take place on 20-28 June 2020 and it will be hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes.
Seven minorities (South Tyroleans and Ladins from Italy, Rhaetians in Switzerland, Sorbs from Germany, the German minority in Russia, Occitans in France and the Slovene minority in Carinthia, Austria) will compete in both the men’s and women’s competition. The Cornish from the UK will be represented by their women’s team. 17 minorities will have a team only in the men’s tournament: the Croatian minority in Austria, Pomaks in Bulgaria, the Danish minority and the North Frisians in Germany, the German minority in Denmark, the Roma, German and Slovak minorities in Hungary, the Serbian minority in Croatia, the German minority in Poland, Hungarians and Aromanians in Romania, Croats in Serbia, the Cimbrean people and the Slovenes in Italy, the Hungarians in Slovakia and the Crimean Tatars.
Men’s and women’s teams of minorities are non-professional players. The competition was open for FUEN Member Organizations and other minority groups, too.
The last edition of EUROPEADA was organized in 2016 in South Tyrol, Italy with 24 men and 6 women teams participating in the tournament. The local teams have won both the men’s and the women’s tournament.
More information on the Europeada at the official website: www.europeada.eu
EUROPEADA is a major European event that connects the fair competition and the enthusiasm for a sporting event with the interests of the autochthonous national minorities. The focus is on the encounter, the exchange of minorities and the public promotion. FUEN is the organiser of the EUROPEADA.
After the three successful European football championships of the autochthonous national minorities, hosted by the Romansh people in Grisons/Switzerland in 2008, the Lusatian Sorbs in Germany in 2012 and the German-speaking South Tyroleans and the Ladins in South Tyrol in Italy in 2016, the 4th EUROPEADA will take place in Carinthia/ Koroška hosted by the Carinthian Slovenes in 2020.
The tournament is open for teams of members of minorities from non-professional football leagues. The FUEN is responsible for the sports tournament management, the European marketing and the political support of the EUROPEADA. The tournament will be accompanied by a cultural program and media marketing. The EUROPEADA will be an excellent opportunity for the host to present the minority and the region to the European and the Austrian public.
- Who plays who at EUROPEADA 2020? We will find it out on Saturday
- FUEN is looking for motivated interns
- Slavic member organisations of the FUEN meet for their 22nd Annual Seminar in Carinthia / Koroška
- Digitalization and media in the centre of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- Irish Members of Parliament express support for Minority SafePack
- Train your brain with us: the Build Yourself! programme is open for applications
- A meeting with the Prime Minister - securing Czech support for Minority SafePack
- One more win for European minorities before the Court of Justice of the EU
- FUEN’s delegation visits Lithuania to secure support for Minority SafePack
- FUEN Vice-President Habip Oğlu paid a working visit to Moscow