15 October 2020: Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative in the European Parliament12.10.2020
The Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack European Citizens’ Initiative (MSPI) in the European Parliament will take place on 15 October 2020 from 9.00 to 13.00 CET with remote participation.
The Citizens’ Committee and experts of the Minority SafePack Initiative will present their proposals in the presence of Members of the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Council of Europe, the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights, the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee. The Hearing is co-organised by the Committees on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE) and on Culture and Education (CULT), together with the Committee on Petitions (PETI). The hearing will also involve statements by REGI, ITRE, JURI and ECON Committee members in the ECI areas falling under their competence.
On behalf of the Minority SafePack the speakers and topics will be:
Prof. Hans Heinrich Hansen, Representative of the MSPI Citizens’ Committee, Honorary President of FUEN, German from Denmark
Luis Durnwalder, Member of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, former Prime Minister of South Tyrol, German minority from Italy
Cohesion policy, Horizon 2020, State aid: Karl-Heinz Lambertz, Member of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, former President of the European Committee of Regions, former Minister President for the German Speaking Community inBelgium
Stateless persons, Audiovisual and Copyright: Dr Angelika Mlinar, Vice President of FUEN, Former Minister of the Republic of Slovenia on Development and European Cohesion Policy, former MEP, Slovene from Austria
Language Diversity Center: Dr Valentin Inzko, Member of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, the UN High Representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chairman of the National Council of Carinthian Slovenes, Slovene from Austria
EU Recommendation ‘on the protection and promotion of cultural and linguistic diversity in the Union’, funding programmes: Daniel Alfreider, Vice President of FUEN, Regional minister of the Autonomous Region of Bozen South Tyrol
Closing remarks: Hunor Kelemen, Deputy Representative of the MSPI Citizens' Committee, former Deputy Prime Minister of Romania, President of the Democratic Alliance of Hungarians in Romania
The Minority SafePack Initiative (MSPI) is a European Citizens’ Initiative advocating for the promotion and protection of persons belonging to autochthonous national minorities and language groups in the EU. Its successful international signature collection campaign was coordinated by the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN). The MSPI collected 1,123,422 validated signatures and passed the national threshold in 11 Member States.
The Public Hearing will be streamed live on the European Parliament’s website. More information and link to the live coverage
The broadcast will be available in the following languages: English, Spanish, German, Greek, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian, Latvian, Czech and Dutch
- Learn the essentials of successful brand building with Build Yourself!
- The Minority SafePack Initiative got an overwhelmingly positive feedback in the Public Hearing of the European Parliament
- The Non-Kin-State Working Group made preparations for their Annual Meeting via an online meeting
- Build Yourself!: after networking, let’s focus on brand building!
- The European Parliament’s Public Hearing on the Minority SafePack Initiative to take place on 15 October 2020
- One final push needed for another European Citizens’ Initiative to benefit minorities
- Conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe"
- FUEN President addressed the 32nd Estonian Forum of National Minorities
- Registration is open for two Build Yourself! online trainings
- Slovenians in Italy: Without guaranteeing Slovenian representation, reducing the number of seats in the Italian parliament is not acceptable