The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" continues in April with focus on Estonia, Ukraine and Bulgaria19.04.2021
The international online conference series "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" continues on the 29th of April 2021 with the theme of minority protection in the countries Estonia, Ukraine and Bulgaria. The event which aims to provide an overall picture of minority protection and ethnic group rights in selected states from the perspective of science and politics, theory and practice, will take place on an online platform and will also be streamed online (only in original language!) from 15:00-17:30 CET. The conference will take place in English, German and Russian with simultaneous interpretation in all three languages on the platform.
The online conference "Minority Protection and Ethnic Group Rights in Central and Central Eastern Europe" is organised by the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) and the Cultural Foundation of German Expellees for Science and Research (Kulturstiftung der Deutschen Vertriebenen für Wisssenschaft und Forschung). It meets the demand to organise a symposium where numerous German and European representatives from science and politics as well as from the ranks of national minorities and ethnic groups can exchange ideas. The expert conference is intended to contribute to gaining an overview of the extent to which the existing agreements of the Council of Europe on the one hand and possible new legal protection elements within the framework of the EU on the other hand can contribute to improving the level of minority protection in the European context.
The launching conference last October provided an overall picture of minority protection and ethnic group rights in Germany, Poland, Romania and Slovenia from the theoretical and practical perspectives of academia, politics and national minorities. This year, the countries Austria-Italy-Czech Republic; Slovakia-Hungary-Croatia and Estonia-Ukraine-Bulgaria are in focus on three separate online conference days in February, March and April.
The conference day on the 29th of April will start at 15:00 CET. The discussions and debates will take place on an online platform, where English, German and Russian simultaneous interpretation will be available. Those who do not speak all three languages or would like to actively take part in the discussion and to formulate questions are advised to register on the conference’s website, Minorityconf.org. The conference will also be streamed live in the original language of the speakers on FUEN’s YouTube channel. If you would like to get updates on social media about the conference, please join our Facebook event!
- FUEN webinar on national minorities in European censuses
- Strong support for MSPI at committee meeting of the DG Parliament in Ostbelgien
- Register now for the German-language Build Yourself! training on NGO Management!
- FUEN BUNDESTALKS: CANDIDATES FOR THE BUNDESTAG DISCUSS MINORITY ISSUES AT THE INITIATIVE OF FUEN
- Build Yourself! returns this week with a German-language training on motivating the youth
- A follow-up on language revitalization was the topic of the online meeting of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- FUEN BundesTalks Part 1 - FUEN election debate with candidates for the Bundestag from Schleswig-Holstein
- TAG: On the 77th anniversary of the deportation, the wound of the Crimean Tatars continues to bleed
- Another successful training session completed by Build Yourself!
- The European Dialogue Forum members discussed future plans at their online meeting