The first online meeting of AGSM took place01.07.2020
The Working Group of Slavic Minorities inside FUEN held its very first online meeting. As the AGSM has not been able to meet since the seminar of the Slavic minorities in Bleiburg / Pliberk, Austria in November 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an online meeting was organized. Almost half of all members accepted the invitation, so 13 member organisations were present through their representatives.
Angelika Mlinar, spokeswoman of the AGSM and Vice President of the FUEN opened the meeting with a welcome and the presentation of the current situation. On the agenda was the exchange of views on the current situation in times of coronavirus and the effects on the Slavic minorities, as well as the current and future activities of the AGSM.
The new AGSM brochure and homepage were presented in more detail, as well as the plans for the upcoming Seminar of the Slavic Minorities and the FUEN Congress 2020 (should the COVID-19 situation allow these events). FUEN Secretary General Éva Pénzes explained the possibilities and challenges in more detail.
Some minorities have reported an extremely difficult situation as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has already been shown by the FUEN survey Do you Speak Corona? The FUEN and the AGSM would like to comment on this in the future.
We are all looking forward to the next (hopefully personal) reunion!
- Minority Talks præsenterede den frisisk-danske skole i Tyskland
- Minority Talks præsenterer den frisisk-danske skole i Tyskland
- Minority Talks with FUEN debuterede med en dokumentarfilm om en tysk skole i Danmark
- FUEN and AGDM congratulate IVDK on its 30th anniversary
- Minority Talks med FUEN holder premiere på onsdag!
- Turkic minorities and communities got together at the 2. Thematic Seminar of FUEN TAG
- NGO and Youth Management were the hot topics of Build Yourself’s German-language trainings
- Our rights depend on it: FUEN webinar on the importance of censuses for minority communities
- EUROPEADA Talk: the minority football teams are already looking forward to 2022
- FUEN webinar on national minorities in European censuses