MSPI: FUEN Vice President Alfreider met Italian Undersecretary of State Riccardo Fraccaro19.08.2020
Possible ways of support for the European Citizens' Initiative Minority SafePack was the subject of a meeting between FUEN Vice President Daniel Alfreider and Undersecretary of State of the Prime Minister of Italy Guiseppe Conte, Riccardo Fraccaro on Thursday, 6 August 2020 in Rome, Italy. As former Minister for Parliamentary Relations and Direct Democracy in the Conte Cabinet, Mr Fraccaro's support for the Minority SafePack is of particular importance. The meeting also discussed joint initiatives to be taken forward together in the Italian Parliament in Rome. All in all, both parties found the exchange very positive and agreed to follow up the meeting in form of subsequent meetings and discussions.
FUEN Vice President Daniel Alfreider commented on the meeting: "It is important that the Minority Safepack Citizens' Initiative project is supported by both minorities and governments, because it is of great importance for the coexistence of different languages and cultures in Europe. Especially in this phase it is the task of the FUEN to advocate for the rights of language minorities with the national governments and to push them to implement it. The values of the minorities contribute to the diversity of Europe!”
- FUEN webinar on national minorities in European censuses
- Strong support for MSPI at committee meeting of the DG Parliament in Ostbelgien
- Register now for the German-language Build Yourself! training on NGO Management!
- FUEN BUNDESTALKS: CANDIDATES FOR THE BUNDESTAG DISCUSS MINORITY ISSUES AT THE INITIATIVE OF FUEN
- Build Yourself! returns this week with a German-language training on motivating the youth
- A follow-up on language revitalization was the topic of the online meeting of the Non-Kin-State Working Group
- FUEN BundesTalks Part 1 - FUEN election debate with candidates for the Bundestag from Schleswig-Holstein
- TAG: On the 77th anniversary of the deportation, the wound of the Crimean Tatars continues to bleed
- Another successful training session completed by Build Yourself!
- The European Dialogue Forum members discussed future plans at their online meeting