FUEN BundesTalks Part 1 - FUEN election debate with candidates for the Bundestag from Schleswig-Holstein03.06.2021
When: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 17:00-18:00
Where: FUEN YouTube channel - Livestream
The autochthonous minorities hardly play a role in the public discourse on social diversity. The same applies to the election campaign and the reporting in the run-up to the 2021 Bundestag elections in Germany. For this reason, the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) organises the FUEN BundesTalks on various minority policy issues. We will discuss with Bundestag candidates from various parties about the design and goals of federal policy in the field of national minorities. The FUEN BundesTalks are intended to support members of national minorities in their election decisions.
The debate on 9 June 2021 from 17:00-18:00 will focus on Bundestag candidates from Schleswig-Holstein and the minority policy goals of their parties for the next legislative period - especially against the background that autochthonous minorities are largely a blind spot in the federal policy election programmes of the established parties!
Moreover, the SSW's first participation in a federal election since 1961 could mean that a minority party will soon be represented in the Bundestag. What does the SSW expect from its initiative? What do the other parties say about the SSW's candidacy?
Of course, the Minority SafePack initiative will also be the subject of debate! Following the rejection of the initiative by the European Commission, the MSPI Citizens' Committee and FUEN have filed a complaint against the Commission's communication. Not least because of the unanimous Bundestag decision to support the MSPI on 27 November 2020, Germany's role in dealing with the demands of the MSPI will be of great importance for European minorities in the coming years.
We want to discuss all this with the candidates for the Bundestag on 9 June!
The debate will be streamed live from the Schleswig-Holstein Representation in Berlin on the FUEN YouTube channel. Representatives of the media will be invited to report on the debate.
The event will be moderated by FUEN VicePresident Angelika Mlinar and GöstaNissen, Head of the Minority Secretariat of the four autochthonous national minorities in Germany.
Participating in the debate will be:
- Ms Petra Nicolaisen, MdB (CDU)
- Mr. Sönke Rix, Member of the Bundestag (SPD)
- Ms Katrine Hoop (Die Linke)
- Mr. Stefan Seidler (leading candidate SSW) (connected online)
- Ms Marlene Langholz-Kaiser ( Bündnis 90/ die Grünen)
If you would like to participate in the debate and ask questions to the panelists, please feel free to send them to us at email@example.com, on FUEN Facebook or live during the debate.
The livestreaming will be available in German only.
- Minority Talks præsenterede den frisisk-danske skole i Tyskland
- Minority Talks præsenterer den frisisk-danske skole i Tyskland
- Minority Talks with FUEN debuterede med en dokumentarfilm om en tysk skole i Danmark
- FUEN and AGDM congratulate IVDK on its 30th anniversary
- Minority Talks med FUEN holder premiere på onsdag!
- Turkic minorities and communities got together at the 2. Thematic Seminar of FUEN TAG
- NGO and Youth Management were the hot topics of Build Yourself’s German-language trainings
- Our rights depend on it: FUEN webinar on the importance of censuses for minority communities
- EUROPEADA Talk: the minority football teams are already looking forward to 2022
- FUEN webinar on national minorities in European censuses